Metadata Export - Metada Import in DHIS2 Live

Hello folks,

At this moment we are trying to simulate the procedure to copy meta-data configuration from central server to off-line instances.

•      Step 1: Using *Metadata Export* we select all options and generate a zipped xml file.

•      Step 2: When running import it removes all authorities associated to user admin(default one), even when you use dry run. Is this expected?

To overcome this problem we created a new system user in the off-line installation and executed again step 2. This executes import without errors but no users are created although they are in the xml file.

Version: 2.11

Build revision: 10426

Build date: 2013-03-30 13:56

Regards,

Paulo Grácio
Technical Manager
(+258) 822 544 603

Critical Software Mozambique
Dependable Technologies for Critical Systems

Critical Software Mozambique is a subsidiary of Critical Software, a CMMI® Level 5 rated Company
CMMI® is registered in the USPTO by CMU

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique
Phone: (+258) 214 951 45
Fax: (+258) 214 951 46

DISCLAIMER: This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. It is for use only by the people or entities to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you should not disclose, distribute, copy, print, rely on or otherwise make use of this message. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected it to you we would be grateful if you would please notify the sender by return, before deleting it from your system.

Can you uncheck everything related to user before doing the export? and see if it works then. And I will investigate the issues with authorities.

···

Morten

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Hello folks,

At this moment we are trying to simulate the procedure to copy meta-data configuration from central server to off-line instances.

•      Step 1: Using *Metadata Export* we select all options and generate a zipped xml file.

•      Step 2: When running import it removes all authorities associated to user admin(default one), even when you use dry run. Is this expected?

To overcome this problem we created a new system user in the off-line installation and executed again step 2. This executes import without errors but no users are created although they are in the xml file.

Regards,

Paulo Grácio

Technical Manager

(+258) 822 544 603

Critical Software Mozambique is a subsidiary of Critical Software, a CMMI® Level 5 rated Company

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique

DISCLAIMER: This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. It is for use only by the people or entities to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you should not disclose, distribute, copy, print, rely on or otherwise make use of this message. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected it to you we would be grateful if you would please notify the sender by return, before deleting it from your system.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hello Morten,

Doing what you said we also have some issues, in attach you can find a errors list. If you need help reproducing the error we can send our import file as well.

Note: we uncheck User Groups, User Roles and Users while exporting metadata.

Many thanks,

Paulo Grácio

District Health Information Software 2.pdf (92.4 KB)

···

Sent: terça-feira, 16 de Abril de 2013 03:29
To: Paulo Grácio
Cc: dhis2-users
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Metadata Export - Metada Import in DHIS2 Live

Can you uncheck everything related to user before doing the export? and see if it works then. And I will investigate the issues with authorities.

Morten

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Hello folks,

Regards,

Paulo Grácio
Technical Manager
(+258) 822 544 603

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique

Hi

I have updated our 2.11 branch with a possible fix.

http://apps.dhis2.org/ci/job/dhis-web-2.11/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/dhis.war

Please give it one hour to build, then you can download this war file and try again.

···

Morten

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Hello Morten,

Doing what you said we also have some issues, in attach you can find a errors list. If you need help reproducing the error we can send our import file as well.

Many thanks,

Paulo Grácio

Morten

Hello folks,

Regards,

Paulo Grácio

Technical Manager
(+258) 822 544 603

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique

Hi,

At this moment we are reviewing the Portuguese translation, and to do so we are building application war locally.

I did an update and got these files, missing something?

Run command: bzr update

+N dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-mobile/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/web/mobile/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-api/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/program/ProgramStageInstance.java

M dhis-2/dhis-dxf2/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/dxf2/metadata/ExchangeClasses.java

M dhis-2/dhis-services/dhis-service-patient/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/program/hibernate/ProgramStageInstance.hbm.xml

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-caseentry/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/caseentry/action/caseentry/CompleteDataEntryAction.java

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-caseentry/src/main/resources/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-caseentry/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/caseentry/i18n_module.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-caseentry/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/caseentry/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-commons/src/main/resources/i18n_global_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-dashboard-integration/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dashboard/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-dataentry/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/de/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-importexport/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/importexport/i18n_module_en_GB.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-importexport/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/importexport/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-light/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/light/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dataadmin/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-datadictionary/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dd/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataset/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dataset/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-mobile/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/mobile/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-organisationunit/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/oum/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-patient/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/patient/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-settings/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/settings/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-user/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/user/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-pivot/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/pivot/action/GetOrganisationUnitChildrenAction.java

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-pivot/src/main/webapp/dhis-web-pivot/app/scripts/app.js

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-reporting/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/reporting/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-sms/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/sms/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-validationrule/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/validationrule/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

M dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-visualizer/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/visualizer/i18n_module_fr_FR.properties

All changes applied successfully.

Updated to revision 10459 of branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/2.11

Regards,

Paulo Grácio

···

Sent: terça-feira, 16 de Abril de 2013 13:30

Hi

I have updated our 2.11 branch with a possible fix.

http://apps.dhis2.org/ci/job/dhis-web-2.11/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-portal/target/dhis.war

Please give it one hour to build, then you can download this war file and try again.

Morten

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Hello Morten,

Many thanks,

Paulo Grácio

Morten

Hello folks,

Regards,

Paulo Grácio
Technical Manager
(+258) 822 544 603

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique

No, this should have fixed it. Please report back if it doesn't work.

···

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Paulo Grácio <pgracio@criticalsoftware.com>wrote:

M
dhis-2/dhis-dxf2/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/dxf2/metadata/ExchangeClasses.java

--
Morten

Hello Morten,

This is still not working as expected. Attached you can find the file with meta-data.

Some symptoms:

•      Users are not created;

•      Organization Unit levels broken;

Thanks for your help,

Paulo Grácio

metaData.xml.zip (81.7 KB)

···

Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Abril de 2013 03:21

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

M dhis-2/dhis-dxf2/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/dxf2/metadata/ExchangeClasses.java

No, this should have fixed it. Please report back if it doesn’t work.

Morten

User import is not supported in 2.11, hoping to have it in 2.12.

What do you mean broken? Remember that you have to go into maintenance ->
organisation units -> organisation units levels after doing the import, to
be sure that all levels are updated.

···

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Paulo Grácio <pgracio@criticalsoftware.com>wrote:

- **Users are not created;****

**- **Organization Unit levels broken;****

--
Morten

Hi, Morten, comments in-line.

Thanks,

Paulo

···

Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Abril de 2013 16:09
Cc: dhis2-users; David Mendes

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

[Paulo Grácio] Ok, I was assuming that if you have export you would also have import J***.

What do you mean broken? Remember that you have to go into maintenance → organisation units → organisation units levels after doing the import, to be sure that all levels are updated.

[Paulo Grácio] We did run the import a second time, using same file, and levels are now ok, maybe we did something wrong the first time.

Morten

Yes, I agree it might be a bit confusing. We will have it fixed to 2.12 I
hope.

···

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Paulo Grácio <pgracio@criticalsoftware.com>wrote:

*[Paulo Grácio] Ok, I was assuming that if you have export you would also
have import **J**.

--
Morten

Hello Paulo!

Sorry for my intrusion. Do you want the organization unities from Mozambique?

I have them as metadata you can try to use them.

Orvalho

Export_metaPAULO.zip (186 KB)

···

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Thanks,

Paulo

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

[Paulo Grácio] Ok, I was assuming that if you have export you would also have import J***.

What do you mean broken? Remember that you have to go into maintenance → organisation units → organisation units levels after doing the import, to be sure that all levels are updated.

[Paulo Grácio] We did run the import a second time, using same file, and levels are now ok, maybe we did something wrong the first time.

Morten

Hello Augusto,

We were just trying the import/export new functionality. But thanks for the help.

As I can see you have 1782 Organization Units, including national, provinces and districts, are these all the existent in the country? Is this an official list?

How were the codes defined for each Organisation Unit?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paulo

···

Sent: quinta-feira, 18 de Abril de 2013 08:21
Cc: Morten Olav Hansen; dhis2-users; David Mendes

Hello Paulo!

Orvalho

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Thanks,

Paulo

[Paulo Grácio] Ok, I was assuming that if you have export you would also have import J***.***

Morten

Correct!

Those organisation unities come from the first DHIS implementation in Mozambique. I migrated them in begining of 2009. There are lot of new health unities to be added (speacially in Zambezia and Nampula). Those you have there are real but you might have some organization unities in wrong district (Mostly between Maputo City and Maputo province). This happens because of the reclassification of the district.

About coding. Some time ago I have tried to map each organization unit to the respective MoH SIS database (modulo basico). It worked with limited success but with a lot of troubles - because I mapped using organisationunit_id instead of organisationunit name. So no national codes are there.

Hope it helps

Orvalho

···

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Paulo Grácio pgracio@criticalsoftware.com wrote:

Hello Augusto,

We were just trying the import/export new functionality. But thanks for the help.

As I can see you have 1782 Organization Units, including national, provinces and districts, are these all the existent in the country? Is this an official list?

How were the codes defined for each Organisation Unit?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paulo

Sent: quinta-feira, 18 de Abril de 2013 08:21
Cc: Morten Olav Hansen; dhis2-users; David Mendes

Hello Paulo!

Orvalho

Thanks,

Paulo

[Paulo Grácio] Ok, I was assuming that if you have export you would also have import J***.***

Morten