Mandatory attributes can not be made optional

Dear All,

Once the attribute is made mandatory and if at a later stage it is considered to be optional then we are able to go to attributes of the program and uncheck the mandatory field but this is not reflected in the registration page.
It always treats the attribute as mandatory, the user cannot move forward without entering data for those attributes.

Version: 2.30
Build revision: bd6e33e
Build date: 2018-10-23 02:06

···

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

1 Like

Neeraj,

if correct, then it is an obvious BUG. Have you written a JIRA bug report for it?

Regards

Calle

···

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@gmail.com

Yes Calle,
I have reported this on JIRA DHIS2-5026

···

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

1 Like

Dear Neeraj

I have recently upgraded to 2.30 and I am also experiencing similar. The attributes that are requested at the beginning of the data entry are all mandatory (when none of them were mandatory previously). Therefore, the user cannot progress as mentioned. I will vote on your Jira issue.

Kind regards,

Terence

···

Terence Scott

Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC)

Pan-African Rabies Control Network (PARACON) Steering Committee

terence.scott@rabiesalliance.org

https://paracon.rabiesalliance.org

1 Like

Thanks Terence.

···

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

Hi Neeraj,

These attributes that you refer to are they part of the Tracked Entity defined? My understanding which may be wrong is if you define certain attributes as part of the tracked entity e.g. Person then those attributes would be mandatory in the programs.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

···

Dear All,

Once the attribute is made mandatory and if at a later stage it is considered to be optional then we are able to go to attributes of the program and uncheck the mandatory field but this is not reflected in the registration page.
It always treats the attribute as mandatory, the user cannot move forward without entering data for those attributes.

Version: 2.30
Build revision: bd6e33e

Build date: 2018-10-23 02:06

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

1 Like

Hi Elmarie,
Thanks for the clarification but no, in my case the attributes which are creating the problem are not part of the Tracked entity.

···

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

Hi

Just to clarify here: if you mark any attribute as mandatory in the Tracked Entity Type configuration, it will NOT automatically display the same (but greyed/disabled) in any Program using that TET.

While that makes conceptually sense, I don’t know if that’s part of the design, though. Maybe the TET setting will override the program setting? Maybe they are processed separately, i.e. if EITHER are set to mandatory then it will be mandatory…

Maybe @lukasewvd can clarify what the intention was here?

Regards
Calle

1 Like