DHIS2 Maps resources
There are several resources that can help you learn more about DHIS2 Maps:
- DHIS2 Maps user guide
- Introduction to DHIS2 Maps on the Moodle platform of HISP South Africa. See the enrollment instructions about how to sign up.
- Learner’s Guide to Maps: Contains all exercises and detailed steps to perform them related to the use of maps for the Analytics Tools Level 1 academy.
- Trainer’s Guide to Maps: Will help the trainer prepare for the live demo session of DHIS2 Maps.
- Creating a map using DHIS2 Maps:
- High-level overview of DHIS2 Maps: Presents all the layer types and map tools.
- Extending DHIS2 Maps: Earth Engine layers, downloading data for QGIS/ArcGIS, adding external layers.
- A Guide to Using DHIS2 Maps for Sierra Leone: Demonstrates facility, org unit and thematic layers, and different basemaps.
QGIS is a powerful desktop application that can be used alongside DHIS2 Maps. QGIS allows you to combine DHIS2 data with other datasets, and do advanced spatial analysis. The QGIS Layout Manager gives you full control of your printed maps.
A series of short videos showing you how to combine org units from DHIS2 and population data from WorldPop in QGIS to calculate the population:
- Downloading WorldPop population data
- DHIS2 data download
- QGIS data import and styling
- Finding Population living within org unit boundaries
- Calculating population living within buffers
- Population living within walking and driving distances
Other useful learning resources
ArcGIS is another powerful GIS platform where you can include data from DHIS2 for advanced analysis. ArcGIS is commercial software from ESRI.