Kurdish Language Name Problem in v.2.25

Hi Antonia,

I will discuss with the development team, but as you point out, its more of a problem of the underlying libraries themselves, which do not have a corresponding translation of the official ISO code for Kudish Sorani. We would need to add an enhancement I think to use the equivalent icu4j classes to get the language names for these codes which are not part of the core Java Locale classes.

Regards,

Jason

···

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Antonia Bezenchek - INFORMApro antonia.bezenchek@informa.pro wrote:

Dear developers and translation team,

in the upgrade process from v.2.22 to v.2.25 we encountered the fallowng 2 problems with the translation.

• the the language Kurdish, created especially for our implementation, is not more visible as Kurdish in the User’s Interface language, but with its ISO code “ckb”. All users with assigned Kurdish language have not assigned any language and and the system default language appears. If I assign manually the “ckb” language to the user, the Kurdish translation of the interface appears.

But for the final users “ckb” is not comprehensible name.

Could you change the name to Kurdish or Kurdish Sorani the language code (ckb - ISO 639-3)

for the v. 2.25 and all new versions.

I know that if not fixed in a stable mode in the source, the problem will appears in any new version, because it is not part of the underlying libraries (GTK and the Java libraries) which provides these names, as specified by Jason Pickering in a mail (May 1st 2016) and we could not make it change for the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antonia

www.informa.pro - *Seguici su *LinkedIn

INFORMAPRO S.r.l. - via Luigi Rava 43, Rome 00149 , Italy
tel. +39 06 5758926, fax +39 06 62207168, P.IVA IT08095781004

Eng. Antonia Bezenchek - CIO - ICT Engineer

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Jason,

Do you know the exact source of this language list?

I know the Debian project maintains a localized set of the various isocode standards for language name, country, currency, etc. If you could help me track down the code source, I’m more than willing to look into bugging them about representing Kurdish Sorani properly in their code.

Chris Leonard

···

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Antonia,

I will discuss with the development team, but as you point out, its more of a problem of the underlying libraries themselves, which do not have a corresponding translation of the official ISO code for Kudish Sorani. We would need to add an enhancement I think to use the equivalent icu4j classes to get the language names for these codes which are not part of the core Java Locale classes.

Regards,

Jason

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Antonia Bezenchek - INFORMApro antonia.bezenchek@informa.pro wrote:

Dear developers and translation team,

in the upgrade process from v.2.22 to v.2.25 we encountered the fallowng 2 problems with the translation.

• the the language Kurdish, created especially for our implementation, is not more visible as Kurdish in the User’s Interface language, but with its ISO code “ckb”. All users with assigned Kurdish language have not assigned any language and and the system default language appears. If I assign manually the “ckb” language to the user, the Kurdish translation of the interface appears.

But for the final users “ckb” is not comprehensible name.

Could you change the name to Kurdish or Kurdish Sorani the language code (ckb - ISO 639-3)

for the v. 2.25 and all new versions.

I know that if not fixed in a stable mode in the source, the problem will appears in any new version, because it is not part of the underlying libraries (GTK and the Java libraries) which provides these names, as specified by Jason Pickering in a mail (May 1st 2016) and we could not make it change for the moment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antonia

www.informa.pro - *Seguici su *LinkedIn

INFORMAPRO S.r.l. - via Luigi Rava 43, Rome 00149 , Italy
tel. +39 06 5758926, fax +39 06 62207168, P.IVA IT08095781004

Eng. Antonia Bezenchek - CIO - ICT Engineer

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049