Issues with program rules on android capture app

Hello everyone,

I have created an event program with several simple program rules such as: hide field if boolean value != 1.

Now, on the web it works perfectly but on the android capture app, only a handful if these rules work. Is there perhaps something that I’m missing?

2 Likes

Hi @WumiOjo

Currently Android evaluates boolean values as “true” or "false only (not 1/0). You can follow this guide to check the main differences between Web and Android.

Also, in 2.6 training app we have a “configuration troubleshooting” menu that you can use to see inconsistencies in the program rules created.

Hope this is helpful to you and let us know if you have any other question.

6 Likes

Thank you so much, that worked. There’s one more issue if its okay.

So on the system, programs are configured with CatCombo ‘projects’ and these project category options are automatically filtered based on the OU selected. On the android app it works great for the aggregate dataset but does not work at all for the programs it doesn’t, is there any way to fix this perhaps?

1 Like

@WumiOjo we have had this issue as well—looks like it might be fixed in the upcoming patch for 2.6 (i.e. 2.6.1) Which I’ve heard is coming out next week. [ANDROAPP-1511] - Jira

In the meantime, What we’ve done is create additional filters by user sharing (in addition to the OU assignment). This has worked for us in the past, although not ideal.

3 Likes

@Matthew_Boddie thank you so much for sharing your solution. I’ll be trying it out. At least until the patch is released.

2 Likes

Yeah for us we had a 1-1 on CatOptions and Users, which meant for maintenance we were stuck pulling and pushing JSON packages through import/export. If you are using user groups, however, I’d personally reommend BIF as an easier way to manage Sharing over time. Unless that is your CatOptions are few enough that manual works just as well, of course!

BIF is usually my go to for importing so yeah, it’s what I’m using to configure sharing settings. Although there’s just about 16 category options in all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like