Is there clear doc on how to install the dhis2-v40.0 in a custom docker

I am running my dhis2 in a custom docker based on the previous process in v2.36.0

But the approach has since changed in v2.37 to the current v40.0.

The documentation is not explicit like it was in the v2.36.0

Is there a clearer documentation on how to install the custom docker on v40.0

The direction provided in build process contain a link to the CONTRIBUTING doc with a broken link on how to build and run in a docker.

1. Under build process, can someone explain how we are supposed to install and build the POM file as per this instruction To build it you must first install the root POM file, navigate to the dhis-web directory and then build the web POM file?

2. The instruction seems to be for local installation for dev use. Can we use same setting for production?

Please find this link… You can also check out DHIS2 in Docker | DHIS2 Developer Portal

Up until this point docker has been for the dev use and not production. It might be so in the near future…

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I will explore it.

I am running v40.0 in docker container in production and it is working fine. But I am using the old dhis2-core/Dockerfile to build against the new Jib to build. I have not been able to successfully build with Jib.

1 Like

According to the instruction in the Build Process, it was said To build it you must first install the root POM file, navigate to the dhis-web directory and then build the web POM file.

Is their an example command to run to build the POM file?

Hi @jetisco4u :smile:

this topic seems like its related/duplicating https://community.dhis2.org/t/is-it-possible-to-get-the-file-of-the-layers-of-the-official-dhis2-docker-image. Answer Is it possible to get the file of the layers of the official DHIS2 Docker image - #4 by ivo hopefully answers this question here as well.

1 Like

Duplicate post