Is there a way to set the accuracy on coordinate value type?

Hi, I am trying to capture household GPS coordinates. I have a stage with a coordinate data element. However, when the field teams were capturing data, we ended up with a number of points falling far from the locations of data collections (actually outside the country, some in the ocean and other continents).

I was wondering if there is a way to configure dhis2 so that the gps coordinates are only captured when the accuracy is say below 10 meters.

Thanks,
Reuben

Thank you for the post @iammash and welcome back to the community!

How did you capture these coordinates ?

Thanks @Gassim

The coordinates were captured using android phones with the DHIS2 capture app (version 2.7.1.1.).

Hello @iammash .

At the moment the DHIS2 Android App will capture what the GPS is reporting and this might be inaccurate depending on the phone and how the location services are working (usually it might take a while until a good accuracy is available).

There are two tickets that you could follow:
[ANDROAPP-5165] - Jira is about showing the accuracy in the App
[DHIS2-14569] - Jira which is about being able to perform program rules over coordinates (which you could use to ensure capturing data withing some limits).

In any case, I am surprised that you are getting points very far away as many devices will use a non-accurate service before retrieven the real GPS (if available). Where the devices tablets without a SIM card maybe? Could you please share the details of your devices “settings” > “location” ?

1 Like

Hi @jaime.bosque

I have been trying to get hold of one of the devices for me to check the location settings, but they are still in the field.

The devices actually did have sim cards in them however due to poor internet coverage in some rural areas, not all had internet connectivity during the exercise.

Thanks for the lead on those tickets, I will definitely follow.