Is there a way to detect the current username and/or assign it to a data element?

we would like to know who entered which TE and Program Stage and monitor their activity and performance.
Is there a way to detect the current username and/or assign it to a data element?
or in other words is there a way to filter TE/Program Stages instances according to who entered them?

1 Like

Hi @SDKAAA ,

If I understand your inquiry, you want to be able to first, identify who registered a tracked entity and an event for that tracked entity, and second, monitor all changes made by that user?

There is to my knowledge no way to do this through the apps today. With some work, you can get most of this information out through the API, or through at least through the database.

Tracked Entity has a property lastupdatedby and storedby. Events and other tracker data has similar properties. You can use these to retrieve data from the database filtering on a specific user.

Alternatively to this, is auditing. To my knowledge, you can’t filter by a specific user when retrieving audits yet, but it should most likely be a better fit for this kind of query, since it gives information about all changes, not just the first\last.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes