Is there a reason there is no interface for managing Coordinates/polygons for an OU?

I’m sure there is (or was) a reason or design choice as to why the OU creation form still only allows for Latitude/Longitude as a point even though the DB allows for more complex geometry (polygons). My question is why can’t we input a series of coordinates and set the feature type to polygon from the OU form? Or at least upload the GML from the web form?

An example of how the Lat/Long is output on a new OU from the existing interface.

“geometry”: {
“type”: “Point”,
“coordinates”: [
]
}

And example of an OU that has had a GML file uploaded to it via the import/export app

“geometry”: {
“type”: “Polygon”,
“coordinates”: [
[
[
],
[
],
[
],
[
],

Just curious! It would seem like a nice feature to mange polygons “within” the relevant OU’s form.

If it is possible I’m happy to create a feature ticket in Jira.

Chase

There should be an improvement in this regard, i had a tough time uploading the polygons.
I hope future versions have a Graphical Interface to allow users to Mark points or draw polygons.

But on the other hand after hours of work, i was able to upload the polygons of my Organisation Units using the IMPORT GML feature in IMPORT/EXPORT App .

There is very Un-Friendly way of doing that, but it is doable, where you have are to draw Shape files or fetch from somewhere, then convert to GML , then Link each individual polygon to the UID of that OrgUnit.
Then you have to import the file using the IMPORT GML feature.

1 Like