Is it possible to sync Data between different different server and diffirent level

Dear All
Is it possible to sync data between different servers (A, B):
I have two servers as the following:

• Server A has four levels: Level 3 is a district, and Level 4 is an HF.
  • Server B has three levels: Level 2 is the governorate, and Level 3 is a district.
    Is it possible to sync the total of all HFs (level 4) under the district named “D1” in Server A into the district named T1 (level 3) in Server B?
1 Like

Hi @sami.oracle10g,

From your query, both servers (A and B) have level 3 as District, but level 4 in Server A is missing in Server B. Is this right?

Also, for the purpose of extra clarity, are you syncing only the level 4 org units (metadata only), or you’re syncing both the org units (metadata) and data associated with these org units (data)?

Now, note that in metadata synchronization, it requires a clearly defined upstream (central server where metadata flows from) and the downstream server (that receives metadata).

1. There’s a way to manually configure either server A or B as your upstream server and the other as the downstream server as specified here in the docs.
  2. Whether you’re syncing metadata only or metadata with associated data, the MDSync App by @eyeseetea can be very helpful and save you a lot of manual work, and time. It takes care of the key step in metadata sync: Mapping, and it allows you to schedule metadata pushes to your downstream servers.
    This wiki on MetaData sync is a good technical guide to get you started.

I hope you find this helpful!

1 Like

Hi @sami.oracle10g
If you need to push data from one server to the other, you can use the aggregate data exchange service and app. Based on what you describe in your post, I think it should be possible to aggregate the data on the source system, and send it to the target system.

The data exchange app is also available in the App Hub.

https://apps.dhis2.org/app/08012f21-0061-4e96-b49b-286e2743a8b4

Best regards,
Jason

Thanks so much @Quoda for recommending Metadata Sync!

@sami.oracle10g please let us know how it goes if you try it. Apart from the wiki, there is also this youtube playlist with video tutorials.