Is it possible to generate a Data Value Set Template for ADX?

Hi all,

Currently, I’m working for OpenMRS as a GSoC intern and I’m working on a module that posts data from OpenMRS to DHIS2.

The module uses ADX to post data and does not support disaggregations yet. I went through the DHIS2 ADX documentation and got to know that ADX format uses attribute instead of categoryOptionCombos.

I’m having the following questions.

1. Is there any way to generate Data Value Set Template for ADX? If no, what would be the best practice to do it?
  2. Can I post data using XML or JSON instead of using ADX? Is it recommended? (We use this module only to post the data)

Thank you.

Hi @jayasanka, I’m sure @morten, our integration team lead, can help you. You can also reach the integration team at integration@dhis2.org.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Scott! :blush:

In the meantime, I created an EER for the DB. Let me know if there’s a way to improve this.

We store a reference to an OpenMRS report element for each Data value.

Hi. There is currently no functionality to generate the datavalue template. It can be done quite easily externally by downloading the required metadata definition for dataste, dataelements and categories.

If you have a need for this core functionality consider making an issue for it. It probably wouldnt be too difficult to implement. Is your openMRS module planning to use templates?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @bobj.

I’ve planned to import a dataset which exported from the metadata dependancy export page. Then generate a template by traversing through the categories and category options for data elements one by one and saving them in the DB.

Here’s the updated EER. Is there any way to optimize this?