Invalid Dataelement identifier

Hi,

I am not sure what to make of this – picked it up in the logs – it’s an info though but it looks weird . Does upgrade to 2.11 modify dataelement ids? Here is the statement from the logs

“Invalid data element identifier : 19268 (SaveValueAction.java……”

This seems to happen when data values are stored ( or not).

Any ideas?

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­…

Regards,

Dapo Adejumo

+2348033683677

Hi,
had a similar issue. I think the issue is that from 2.10 to 2.11, data entry forms changed from using database ids to the permanent uids. However, users might have their 2.10 datasets cached in the browser (for offline data entry etc). When they enter data, the values are sent with the 2.10 database ids, while the server (now running 2.11) expects the uid, hence the error.

The solution is to make sure that all users use the new data entry forms using uid. To do this, run the following in the database:

update dataset set version = (version + 1);

This will make sure all the cached forms are updated the next time users open the data entry module.

Olav

···

21. apr. 2013 kl. 19:47 skrev Dapo Adejumo <dapo_adejumo@yahoo.com>:

Hi,
I am not sure what to make of this – picked it up in the logs – it’s an info though but it looks weird . Does upgrade to 2.11 modify dataelement ids? Here is the statement from the logs

Any ideas?

......................................................................................................................................................

Regards,

Dapo Adejumo
+2348033683677

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

Thanks Olav, you are right – looks fine now.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­…

Regards,

Dapo Adejumo

+2348033683677

···

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:10 PM
To: Dapo Adejumo
Cc: ‘dhis2-devs’
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] Invalid Dataelement identifier

Hi,

had a similar issue. I think the issue is that from 2.10 to 2.11, data entry forms changed from using database ids to the permanent uids. However, users might have their 2.10 datasets cached in the browser (for offline data entry etc). When they enter data, the values are sent with the 2.10 database ids, while the server (now running 2.11) expects the uid, hence the error.

The solution is to make sure that all users use the new data entry forms using uid. To do this, run the following in the database:

update dataset set version = (version + 1);

This will make sure all the cached forms are updated the next time users open the data entry module.

Olav

1. apr. 2013 kl. 19:47 skrev Dapo Adejumo dapo_adejumo@yahoo.com:

Hi,

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dapo Adejumo

+2348033683677

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp