Indicator import - csv template not found in the documentation

Hi all,

I am looking for a csv template to import data set indicators, but I can not find it in the documentation.
Could you please help me with a template?

Thanks

Hey @ferdinandmussavene
Great to hear from you! You can always generate one using the API. For example, using play.dhis2.org and after logging in, if I go to (https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.3/api/indicators?&fields=*&paging=false) I get the list of all indicators, so if I want to download it in csv I will add .csv such as (https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.3/api/indicators.csv?&fields=*&paging=false). There you go - a template!

Please let me know if it works for you. Thank you! (:

Hi @Gassim,

I was able to download the csv template the way you have explained but I see many columns. Are they all necessary? What is also a bit confusing are the numerator and denominators columns, do I have to get all UIDs of data elements and enclose them e.g #{uid} in the formulas?

Thanks

Hey - you’re welcome!
It’s possible to choose which columns to download by removing the * in fields= and then choosing the columns that you want; however, I think it’s much easier to delete them after downloading as CSV. I’d only keep what you believe is the necessary info and delete all the other columns.

Edit: Yes, sorry the UID is enclosed in #{} in both CSV and JSON, so I’m not sure. I’ll ask and I hope someone from the community would help us out too! Thank you (:

Hi @Gassim.

I will try to see which columns to delete from the csv file. I found out that in the import/export app there is no word Indicator in the class key combo box:

As it is mandatory to select a class key, how will I be able to import the indicators ?

Thanks again.

@ferdinandmussavene,

I am sorry I have been informed that it’s not possible to import indicators using CSV. Currently, you’d need to use the API and in JSON as well as probably write a script for it.

I learned a lot while trying to figure out a way, but sorry it didn’t work. Actually, @ferdinandmussavene would you like to create a DHIS2 feature request to be able to import indicators using the import/export app?

Hi @Gassim,

I will look through API or JSON to see if I am able to import indicators.

Thank you for taking the time to help me

1 Like

You’re welcome! Thank you, and I’m looking forward to what you come up with! :+1::+1: