Indicator import - csv template not found in the documentation

Hi all,

I am looking for a csv template to import data set indicators, but I can not find it in the documentation.
Could you please help me with a template?

Thanks

Hey @ferdinandmussavene
Great to hear from you! You can always generate one using the API. For example, using play.dhis2.org and after logging in, if I go to (https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.3/api/indicators?&fields=*&paging=false) I get the list of all indicators, so if I want to download it in csv I will add .csv such as (https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.3/api/indicators.csv?&fields=*&paging=false). There you go - a template!

Please let me know if it works for you. Thank you! (:

Hi @Gassim,

I was able to download the csv template the way you have explained but I see many columns. Are they all necessary? What is also a bit confusing are the numerator and denominators columns, do I have to get all UIDs of data elements and enclose them e.g #{uid} in the formulas?

Thanks

Hey - you’re welcome!
It’s possible to choose which columns to download by removing the * in fields= and then choosing the columns that you want; however, I think it’s much easier to delete them after downloading as CSV. I’d only keep what you believe is the necessary info and delete all the other columns.

Edit: Yes, sorry the UID is enclosed in #{} in both CSV and JSON, so I’m not sure. I’ll ask and I hope someone from the community would help us out too! Thank you (:

Hi @Gassim.

I will try to see which columns to delete from the csv file. I found out that in the import/export app there is no word Indicator in the class key combo box:

As it is mandatory to select a class key, how will I be able to import the indicators ?

Thanks again.

@ferdinandmussavene,

I am sorry I have been informed that it’s not possible to import indicators using CSV. Currently, you’d need to use the API and in JSON as well as probably write a script for it.

I learned a lot while trying to figure out a way, but sorry it didn’t work. Actually, @ferdinandmussavene would you like to create a DHIS2 feature request to be able to import indicators using the import/export app?

Hi @Gassim,

I will look through API or JSON to see if I am able to import indicators.

Thank you for taking the time to help me

1 Like

You’re welcome! Thank you, and I’m looking forward to what you come up with! :+1::+1:

@ferdinandmussavene, any updates? (:

Dear @ferdinandmussavene @Gassim How did you resolve this issue?

@Gassim I would like to create a DHIS2 feature request to be able to import indicators using the import/export app. I think this would be useful for most users as not everyone can do the API or JSON stuff.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’d like to hear back from @ferdinandmussavene if it worked out as expected. Thanks!

Okay thanks! If you’d like to create a feature request on Jira.dhis2.org please go ahead with description and please share the jira link here so other community members can add their vote to this feature.

Please let me know if you’d like further assistance creating the Jira issue.