Indicator Group Set Dimension in DHIS2.11 Pivot Table

Hi all,

Is it at all possible to have indicator group sets added to the web-based pivot table layout dimension (DHIS 2.11)? I am working on a data set where all data elements have to be transformed to indicators because different data elements have different weightings. This means that the values in the data elements are not that useful and cannot be compared in any meaningful analysis. Some background to this request are as follows:

1. The data elements I’m working with relate to scoring hospitals on a set of predefined criteria.

2. Data elements are grouped into 1 of 5 different Standards Category (Leadership, Workforce, Environment, Clinical Care and Quality)

3. Scores are: 0 (non-compliant), 1 (Partially compliant), or 2(Fully compliant); It is also possible to indicate that a particular criteria is “Not Applicable”.

4. Each dataelement score (or criteria) has a weighting based on important(0.25), Most Important (0.5) or Essential (1)

5. Each data element belongs to 2 groups: Standards Category and Weighting

6. An illustration:

i) Data Element1 is in the Leadership Standards Category

ii) Data Element1 has a score of 1 and assigned weighting is Important;

iii) Data Element1 Weighted Score = [score]*[weighting] = 0.25

iii) Reports needs to aggregate by Standards (Leadership) and Weighting (Important)

Points (1) to (5) have been designed and working well. I created a custom data entry form with both data elements and indicators. In the file attached (i.e. Data Entry Screen…), the Columns, Max Score and Obtained Weighted Score are calculated data elements created as indicators. The Totals at the top (i.e. shaded row) are also indicators created separately (as opposed to an automated aggregation function).

The issue is with the reporting because I now essentially need groupings based on indicators rather than data elements. The web-based pivot table is great but I find that unless I can bring in indicator group sets, it is impossible to create the required reports. The other option I considered was designing a custom form based on the indicators but of course, this didn’t work. I have attached a file (Report Example) to give an idea of the report output required. Not sure if and how a standard report might help.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Busoye

Data Entry Screen with Indicators.tiff (835 KB)

Report Example.tiff (145 KB)

Hi Busoye,

I get your point.

Sorry to say we don’t support indicator group sets for analysis yet. No doubt that it would be useful and a natural thing to implement. However I can’t promise exactly when we will be able to do it - it will be a bit tricky from an implementation perspective and the roadmap is already a bit packed… But will work on it and let you know.

best regards,

Lars

···

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Busoye Anifalaje busoye@hisp.org wrote:

Hi all,

Is it at all possible to have indicator group sets added to the web-based pivot table layout dimension (DHIS 2.11)? I am working on a data set where all data elements have to be transformed to indicators because different data elements have different weightings. This means that the values in the data elements are not that useful and cannot be compared in any meaningful analysis. Some background to this request are as follows:

1. The data elements I’m working with relate to scoring hospitals on a set of predefined criteria.
  1. Data elements are grouped into 1 of 5 different Standards Category (Leadership, Workforce, Environment, Clinical Care and Quality)
  1. Scores are: 0 (non-compliant), 1 (Partially compliant), or 2(Fully compliant); It is also possible to indicate that a particular criteria is “Not Applicable”.
  1. Each dataelement score (or criteria) has a weighting based on important(0.25), Most Important (0.5) or Essential (1)
  1. Each data element belongs to 2 groups: Standards Category and Weighting
  1. An illustration:

iii) Reports needs to aggregate by Standards (Leadership) and Weighting (Important)

Points (1) to (5) have been designed and working well. I created a custom data entry form with both data elements and indicators. In the file attached (i.e. Data Entry Screen…), the Columns, Max Score and Obtained Weighted Score are calculated data elements created as indicators. The Totals at the top (i.e. shaded row) are also indicators created separately (as opposed to an automated aggregation function).

The issue is with the reporting because I now essentially need groupings based on indicators rather than data elements. The web-based pivot table is great but I find that unless I can bring in indicator group sets, it is impossible to create the required reports. The other option I considered was designing a custom form based on the indicators but of course, this didn’t work. I have attached a file (Report Example) to give an idea of the report output required. Not sure if and how a standard report might help.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Busoye

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks Lars,

The system works as it is, just takes much longer to get to the same result. Will share details with you.

Best wishes,

Busoye

···

On 29 April 2013 09:47, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Busoye,

I get your point.

Sorry to say we don’t support indicator group sets for analysis yet. No doubt that it would be useful and a natural thing to implement. However I can’t promise exactly when we will be able to do it - it will be a bit tricky from an implementation perspective and the roadmap is already a bit packed… But will work on it and let you know.

best regards,

Lars

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Busoye Anifalaje busoye@hisp.org wrote:

Hi all,

1. Data elements are grouped into 1 of 5 different Standards Category (Leadership, Workforce, Environment, Clinical Care and Quality)
  1. Scores are: 0 (non-compliant), 1 (Partially compliant), or 2(Fully compliant); It is also possible to indicate that a particular criteria is “Not Applicable”.
  1. Each dataelement score (or criteria) has a weighting based on important(0.25), Most Important (0.5) or Essential (1)
  1. Each data element belongs to 2 groups: Standards Category and Weighting
  1. An illustration:

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Busoye

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp