Inability to download a large amount of data in app (Line Listing)

Hi

I use the Line Listing application and when I select a large amount of data and try to download it in Excel format I get a message (This site cannot be accessed)
and I can’t send an explanatory video

1 Like

Hi @Eng.Ali_Hameed

This issue is most probably related to the server side so it’d be great if you could get the Catalina.out log (without authentication/sensitive info) from the server administrator from the point where you request to download the line list as xls till the error appears.

Thanks!

This issue has been discussed several times, but the problem is that the URL that the client generates is too long. See this post which describes essentially the same problem.

You may be able to increase the maximum URL length of your reverse proxy, but eventually, you will hit either the max URL size of the browser itself, the max size of the reverse proxy, or the max size of Tomcat.

Currently, this is just a defect in the app, which does not warn you that the URL size is too large. There have been some proposed methods to deal with this issue, but as of now, there is no other solution other than to decrease the size of the request which you are making (or possibly increase the acceptable URL length as mentioned above).

Best regards,
Jason

1 Like