Impossible to update Category options combinations (OutOfMemoryError:)

Hi there,

Today I have faced a problem connected to the categoryCombos as suddenly all my dataSets stopped to show for all users, except superuser, on the drop-down list.

I have checked all sharing options nothing changed.
So then I have decided to run maintenance-app and recreate the category option combinations.
Have received an error: HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error, which was linked to Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space but still getting the same error.

The interesting part is that the list of dataSets available and visible on DataSet report app.

Just for statistics: category options - 1470, categories - 253, category combinations - 256, DHIS2.36.6,
TOMCAT 9 memory settings: export CATALINA_OPTS=“$CATALINA_OPTS -Xms2048m -Xmx16384m -Dfile.encoding=UTF8”

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Hi @Ulanbek

Thanks for all the information! Could this be related to the setup of the instance as a whole? I mean since it mentions the “OutOfMemory” error, it might needs some sort of debugging to how the database is running and configured.

As I understand from you post, nothing in the instance nor the metadata configuration and sharing access changed internally, so it’s possible that this needs to get a closer look into the infrastructure?

Hi @Gassim,

It is the same infrastructure. Nothing changed.
Forgot to mention we have upgraded dhis2 from 2.38.3 to 2.38.6

And now having troubles…