Import option set group

dear all,

how can import option set gruop from csv !?

2 Likes

Hi, @yousef.zammar,

Which Version of DHIS2 are you using?

I know you can be able to Import option set from CSV but not for the import option set group.

Best,
James.

3 Likes

Hi , I’m use 2.30 version

3 Likes

Hi @Yousef.

I learned this during my training in Zanzibar. There is no straight forward way but there is a workaround to import option sets.

First you create a CSV file with the necessary values as shown below:

optionsetname,optionsetuid,optionsetcode,optionname,optionuid,optioncode
“MSP_Gender”,“”,“os_gndr”,“Male”,“”,“oGenM”
“MSP_Gender”,“”,“os_gndr”,“Female”,“”,“oGenF”

Then import the same file twice. What will happen is, the first time it will create the Option Set and the second time it will create the Options.

Note that the first line is not needed on the actual CSV file but I have included here for clarity of the items and their order.

* Please check the “solution” option at the bottom if this works.

5 Likes

thank you dear ,
but i need to import option set group not option set

4 Likes

Hi @yousef.zammar,

I am guessing this might be possible by adding another component to the CSV file in addition to what @MSP specified, but it is a bit out of my technical comfort zone :wink:

I am tagging @viet as he has done quite a lot of work on the import functionalities in DHIS2.

Best,
Karoline

3 Likes

Hi

Sorry for not seeing this before: There is no support for importing option set GROUPS in CSV format in 2.30 or 2.31 (or so far in 2.32).

I’ve written a JIRA issue for it, DHIS2-6104

Regards
Calle

4 Likes

Thanks Calle,

I have assigned the issue to myself. Will work on it.

4 Likes

any update on this ?

Hi @Micheal_Berhanu
This has been fixed from version 2.34, are you facing a similar issue? What version of dhis2 are you using? Please write steps to reproduce the issue.

586x119

Thanks!