Import data from Tracker Capture App db to server 2.28

Hi. I’m trying to import from the Android tracker capture db that was exported from the app under settings. The server is version 2.28. Any tips?

1 Like

Hi @vikwato,
Data in the android app should automatically sync with the server if you enable periodic synchronization within the settings of the app.
Would you please provide more details on what you mean “import from the Android tracker capture db that was exported from the app under settings.” I have checked a number at least 2 android tracker capture apps and I cannot seem to find this feature.

Emma.

1 Like

Please see the option to export the database from the screenshot below:

1 Like

@marta
Would you please help with this?

2 Likes

Hi @vikwato, @Emma_Kassy,

that export database is only available in the old apps. To be honest I am not aware of the format in which data is exported and there is no functionality to import it in the app.

As far as I know is for developers to be able to see the data and debug potential problems.

The best (and easiest and almost only) way to import data from an app in a server is to actually sync the app.

Is this not an option for you @vikwato ?

1 Like

Thanks @marta that option is available but I was trying to explore other ways in cases where the data fails to sync due to a change in user credentials, etc

1 Like

ok. then I think… there is no direct way to do it but to see how is data exported it and transform it to json files that can be imported through the regular importer.

1 Like