How to make yearly population visible on monthly basis

Hi!

I have imported annual population data for each orgUnit with a category for age groups. My understanding is that if I set the aggregation type to “average (sum in orgUnit hierarchy)”, the the annual population should be visible for monthly or weekly periods as well, but I am not able to make that work. I have tried setting “annualized” to both on and off. Has anyone encountered this before?

The context is that I’m trying to create indicators that display the number of new cases of a disease relative the orgUnit population to compare orgUnits. So far, I have been unable to get that indicator to work without importing a copy of the annual population numbers for all periods of interest, i.e. full sets of population numbers for each week of the year, but that seems very inefficient.

August

Hi August,
did you run analytics after importing those data?
Normally average (sum in orgUnit hierarchy) should work . Which DHIS2 version are you using?

Hi, Jean Paul

I have run the analytics job several times. Are there any other common mistakes I could have made?

We are using version 2.40.

Hi August,
If analytics run successfully and you did not get results there there might be another issue, if its a test environment you can share the credentials privately and I will have a look.