How to link index case with his contacts

Dear Community members,

we are using Covid-19 tracker program to tracker cases and contact tracing to track their contacts. I would like to link each cases with their contacts data, can someone help me to address this.
Thanks

Amza

@Amza you can use the relationship feature to add/link contacts to the index case while on the COVID-19 Case-based Surveillance program and similarly, you can add/link case to contacts while in the COVID-19 Contact Registration & Follow-up. For more information please refer to the COVID19 tracker design document

Hi @omielp,

I am wondering if you could help me create relationship types step by step. Although I have looked at COVID_19 document, I couldn’t find an answer

I want to create a TB tracker program where I have to register index cases and their contacts, but the problem is that I am unable to create a relationship.

I have just logged in to Sierra Leone demo to see the relationship types created, but I cannot figure out something:

I see these the following two relationship types:

1. Mother-Child_a-to-b_(Person-Person)

2. Mother-Child_b-to-a_(Person-Person)

But no program has been selected in both relationship types.

What I would like to know is if I have to create two relationships e.g. 1. Index Case-Contact_a-to-b and 2. Contact-Index Case_b-to-a as on demo or just one relationship.

What is the correct configuration?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi there @dmbantu

In this case, I would just create one simple, bidirectional relationship that looks something like this

This should work whether or not you have a separate program for contacts or are creating contacts within your TB program. You may also want to define that link in program maintenance with the default program you will be creating relationships within, though this is optional

1 Like

Hi @Shurajit_Dutta,

I am creating a separate program for contacts.

a) Would it be possible to register contacts within the index case program? How would the program look like as regards to its structure?

Sorry but these parts are not clear for me:

Thanks.

Hi @omielp, @Shurajit_Dutta,

Would you mind explaining how to view the total number of contacts per index case in the Analytics: event reports or any other way?

Having defined a relationship for two of my programs (household, member), I would like to view all members per household.

Hope you can provide considerable input

Thanks

Hi @fernandoshake .

In order to display a total number of contacts for you index case in an event report, you need to create an enrollment type program indicator with the expression:

d2:relationshipCount(‘<uid_of_your_relationship_type>’).

In tracker, you can create relationships to the TEIs in the contact tracing program.

Then, after you run Analytics, you can configure your event report (type enrollment), select the parameters to display including the created “Contacts” program indicator.

You should get the total number of contacts of the specified type for your enrollment.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @YuryR,

About this part

I have built two example tracker programs (index and contact programs) in demo Sierra Leone. And I would like to register contacts of index from contact program but it seems it is not working well. Would you me help identify the problem?

Below the relationship definition

https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.7/dhis-web-maintenance/index.html#/edit/programSection/relationshipType/DuJ5jBDnJeU

The programs:
[

]

https://play.dhis2.org/2.36.7/dhis-web-tracker-capture/index.html#/dashboard?tei=HOk4POOYoP0&program=iZoaZrIrPTt&ou=DiszpKrYNg8

Sorry, but I did not understand this part very well:

Thanks

Hi!

When you set up your relationship type, you can make it “bidirectional” TEI to TEI.
Program selection is optional.

I have seen your programs, it is possible to create relationships from the index case to contact.
You can search or register the TEI when you add a relationship.

In order to see the name or other attributes in the relationship widget, you have to enable the property
“Display in list without program” for each attribute you want to see in the list:

For event reports:
Once you have your indicator set up, you need to update your analytics tables:
(App)Data Administration/Analytics Tables/Start Export

Then set up the event report:
(App)Event Reports
Line list
Enrollment
Add the program indicator you created and you will see the number of contacts for each of the index cases.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @YuryR ,

Your explanation has cast light on my problem. One more question: If I want to register contacts of index from the contact registration from, do I have to alter the order of tracked entity instances during relationship definition?

In the relationship above, I have the following:

From constraint: index case

To constraint: contact

I would like to create a relationship from contact registration tracker; not from the index case tracker. as it is now.

Thanks

Good that the info was helpful.

If you want to keep your relationship type one directional, then you need to enter the initiating TET first and then the target TET.

If you want to make your relationship biderectional, it does not matter what comes first. Just make sure to enter the text each relationship will show:

contact to index
index to contact.

Consider setting your relationships bidirectional as it might b useful to see the relationships form contacts to index.

Good luck,

Yury

1 Like

Hi @YuryR,

Thank you very much for all your help.

1 Like