How to calculate Threshold Value

Hi,

I want to calculate threshold value for data element or indicators i.e.(Average of three previous years * 1.5) in the app. Is there any WEB API call to get threshold value or I need to calculate in app?

Thank you

···

Regards,
Namrata Nehete.

Hi Namrata

The term “threshold value” has a wide applicability and meaning in data calculation and generating various
reports in DHIS 2 application, although it is more general concepts of Science. For example,

1. In computer science: A point beyond which there is a change in the manner a program executes; in particular, an error rate above which the operating system shuts down the computer system on the assumption that a hardware failure has occurred.

2. In control systems: The minimum input that produces a corrective action in an automatic control system.

1. In Electro-Maganatic Weave (EMW): The minimum intensity or value of a signal, etc., that will produce a response or specified effect represents a frequency threshold.

In data collection and analysis tool like DHIS2, one can determine threshold value for so many available
domain model constraints including data element value, indicator value, data entry statistic, validation result statistic etc. For example

a.) In data entry module: The mini-max value of specific data elements represents threshold value for that data element. For example, if a data element has min value 6 and max is 28, than 6 represents threshold value for that data element in specific data entry form or data entry screen.

b.) In data quality module: The specific value to pass a specific validation rule represents threshold value
for that validation rule. For example, total birth should not be less than live birth plus still birth, than
in this context live birth plus still birth is the threshold value for total birth in that validation rule.

c.) In data entry form or in data set module: The minimum number of data elements to be filled to pass data
completeness for a specific data set represents threshold value for that data set. For example, in a data set, there are 16 data elements, but to pass data completeness, one need to enter data element value for at least 6 out of 16 data elements, than the total number of data elements = 6, represents threshold value for that specific data set.

d.) In data element and indicator module: The target value defined for specific indicator for a specific
period, represents threshold value for that indicator. For example, if target is predefined for all PHCs in a state in terms of total institutional delivery in a month should not be less than 60, than total number of institutional delivery should not be less than 60 in a month for a PHC to pass the target for institutional delivery for any PHC belongs to that state represents the threshold value for that target. Thus, in this case 60 is the threshold value for this specific target.

e.) In report module: The total number of input parameters required to be entered to generate a report is the threshold value for that report. For example, to generate a monthly MIS report for a PHC, user need to enter
or select four input parameters ie. period type, period, name of organization unit, and name of that report,
than the total number of input parameters is 4 and this is the threshold value for that report. etc

I am not sure about is there any specific WEB API call in DHIS2 for this purpos but sure the average value for any indicator or data element for specific time period interval does not represents threshold value for that data element or indicator.

Regards,

Brajesh Murari

···

A fool can become a genius when he understands he is a fool. But; A genius can become a fool when he understands he is a genius.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dr. Abdul Kalam-----------

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 7:44 PM, Namrata Nehete n.nehete@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I want to calculate threshold value for data element or indicators i.e.(Average of three previous years * 1.5) in the app. Is there any WEB API call to get threshold value or I need to calculate in app?

Thank you

Regards,
Namrata Nehete.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Let me correct at one place in my previous reply which can be seen in as comment below

Brajesh Murari

···

Life Is A Collection of Poems.

On Monday, 18 November 2013 2:51 PM, Brajesh Murari brajesh.murari@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Namrata

The term “threshold value” has a wide applicability and meaning in data calculation and generating various
reports in DHIS 2 application, although it is more general concepts of Science. For example,

1. In computer science: A point beyond which there is a change in the manner a program executes; in particular, an error rate above which the operating system shuts down the computer system on the assumption that a hardware failure has occurred.

2. In control systems : The minimum input that produces a corrective action in an automatic control system.

1. In Electro-Maganatic Weave (EMW): The minimum intensity or value of a signal, etc., that will produce a response or specified effect represents a frequency threshold.

In data collection and analysis tool like DHIS2, one can determine threshold value for so many available
domain model constraints including data element value, indicator value, data entry statistic, validation result statistic etc. For example

a.) In data entry module: The mini-max value of specific data elements represents threshold value for that data element. For example, if a data element has min value 6 and max is 28, than 6 represents threshold value for that data element in specific data entry form or data entry screen.

b.) In data quality module: The specific value to pass a specific validation rule represents threshold value
for that validation rule. For example, total birth should not be less than live birth plus still birth, than
in this context live birth plus still birth is the threshold value for total birth in that validation rule.

c.) In data entry form or in data set module: The minimum number of data elements to be filled to pass data
completeness for a specific data set represents threshold value for that data set. For example, in a data set, there are 16 data elements, but to pass data completeness, one need to enter data element value for at least 6 out of 16 data elements, than the total number of data elements = 6, represents threshold value for that specific data set.

d.) In data element and indicator module: The target value defined for specific indicator for a specific
period, represents threshold value for that
indicator. For example, if target is predefined for all PHCs in a state in terms of total institutional delivery in a month should not be less than 60, than total number of institutional delivery should not be less than 60 in a month for a PHC to pass the target for institutional delivery for any PHC belongs to that state represents the threshold value for that target. Thus, in this case 60 is the threshold value for this specific target.

e.) In report module: The total number of input parameters required to be entered to generate a report is the threshold value for that report. For example, to generate a monthly MIS report for a PHC, user need to enter
or select four input parameters ie. period type, period, name of organization unit, and name of that report,
than the total number of input parameters is 4 and this is the threshold value for that report. etc

The minimum number of input parameters out of total to be entered or selected for generating a report represents the threshold value for that report. For example to generate a specific report which takes at least
4 inputs out of 8 than in this case 4 will be threshold value for this report.

I am not sure about is there any specific WEB API call in DHIS2 for this
purpos but sure the average value for any indicator or data element for specific time period interval does not represents threshold value for that data element or indicator.

Regards,

Brajesh Murari

A fool can become a genius when he understands he is a fool. But; A genius can become a fool when he understands he is a genius.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dr. Abdul Kalam-----------

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 7:44 PM, Namrata Nehete n.nehete@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

Regards,
Namrata Nehete.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp