How I can reflect community health workers data on DHIS2?

Dears,

In my case , we have around 2000 community health worker , 17000 community health volunteer ,and 6000 midwifes which i need to have their inputs in monthly basis on the system , the data should be entered though aggregated form as an achievement for each one , which mean we can have the reports even by their names.

the question is , how i can reflect that on DHIS2 ?, knowing that we can’t add this big number to the organization units.
it’s can be added through the category combination , but how we can list the values on the list
box based on the selected organization unit

Thanks in advance
Jalal

Hi Jalal,

This sounds like a good use case for using a DHIS2 Tracker Capture program. You could create your organisation units down to the level at which CHWs are supervised (eg ‘community’ or ‘health facility’), and then create ‘CHW’ as your Tracked Entity Type, enabling multiple CHWs to be tracked for that community or health facility. This is a much more realistic configuration for a CHW program, where turnover is often high - local users can add a new CHW simply by creating a new Tracked Entity (no need to update organisation units).

You would then create a program to capture each CHW’s monthly reports, with each monthly report as a repeatable event (monthly periods). This should enable you to use Tracker Reports to follow-up on missing CHW reports (outstanding scheduled events), and will allow you to produce aggregate reports by community or health facility, by district and by region, etc.

Cheers, Sam.

Hi @SamuelJohnson,

In our situation, the data entry must be through a data set per CHW and so will be the analysis (i.e the analysis must be per CHW). The CHWs are supervised at the health facility level. Knowing that a CHW can move from one health facility to another at times, how can we treat CHWs in this case?

Thanks in advance

Hi @SamuelJohnson,

I was wondering if you could help me with the mapping of CHWs and supervisors in DHIS 2:

The following is my use case.

My organization is about to implement a project in which we want to map the health workers with the supervisors. Let’s say in one facility there are 2 supervisors and 10 health workers. We want to map 5 health workers to supervisor 1 and 5 health workers to supervisor 2. I was wondering if you could assist me with my use case

NB: data will be entered through an aggregate form (data set) per CHW at health facility level.

Thanks

Hi Hernandez,

I think it is a challenge trying to capture this as an aggregate dataset: unlike facilities, which remain fairly static over time, CHWs tend to fluctuate a lot more, so if you configure each CHW as an Organisation Unit, then it’s a huge job trying to keep these Org Units updated. (And if you configure your CHWs as a Dataset Category Combination, then every CHW will show in the drop-down for every facility, which makes it too easy to make data entry errors.)

I’m hesitant to provide advice without understanding your full requirements, but my suggestion would probably be to explore configuring this as a Tracker instead - the facility is the Org Unit, and you then set up a Tracked Entity for each CHW. (It is very quick and easy to add or remove Tracked Entities as CHWs come and go, and you can even move them from one facility to another if needed.) You can then set up the Tracker to do periodic (eg monthly) data capture for each CHW - in other words, instead of creating a Tracker event for a specific date, you create a single event to capture aggregate data for the whole month. Depending on the reports you’ll need to produce, you could possibly then simply configure the supervisor as a Tracked Entity Attribute, so that you only need to select it once per CHW.

These are all very tentative suggestions, as a lot will depend on what reports you need to get out of the system - I would always recommend starting your configuration process by identifying the reports you’ll need to produce, and then work backwards from there to find a configuration that will enable the easy production of these reports.

Cheers, Sam.