How does days after period for timely submission work for quarterly period

Our dataset is a quarterly period dataset. However, we want to set restriction of 7 days for the user to be able to recapture data after the initial submission.

In the field Days after period to qualify for timely submission, I had set it at 7. It doesn’t seems to be working as expected.

How does the system interpret the value entered in this field for a quarterly captured data?

Hi @jetisco4u

The point of Days after period to qualify for timely submission is not to prevent user to enter data after the 7 days. If you enter data after 7 days, it wont count as “on time”.

You can read about this functionality in docs.

Caroline

1 Like

This statement seems unclear and a bit confusing to me.

@Caroline thanks for the reference. Actually, I have read that instruction before.
In the Days after period to qualify for timely submission field, type the number of days in which data can be entered to be considered reported on time.

But this instruction doesn’t address my question.

Hi @jetisco4u

I am apologizing for my late response on this question.
Although I hope you figured it out, you need to “Enter the number of Expiry days” in your dataset to restrict users to be able to capture data after the initial submission.

About your question, I will talk with my collegues and get back to you soon.

2 Likes

Thanks looking forward to this.

Hi @jetisco4u !

I would like to first confirm the information that @Caroline shared with you regarding the Blocking of the data entry form.

The number of days the data set will be open for submitting data is configured in the field:
Expiry days

The field “Days after period to qualify for timely submission” has the following functions:

• It allows you to set the number of days after the end of the reporting period as a buffer to make the report qualify as “Actual report on time” when you use Reporting Rate Summary in the Reports App.

More information here.

This function can be used in combination with Expiry Days.

Example:

You set “Expiry days” to 7 for your use case.
You also set the “Days after period to qualify for timely submission” to 7.

This means that the user will have seven days after the end of the quarter to complete the data set. Even if the data set is completed 7 days after the end of the quarter, it will still be counted as “On time”.

Hope this helps!

Yury

@YuryR tanks for the details info.

1. Does it mean the field “Days after period to qualify for timely submission” doesn’t prevent access to the dataset. Say I set it to 3. If I don’t set expiry day, can the users still submit data after the third day?

2. Which of the field can I set to prevent access to the dataset after the period

If you set “Days after period to qualify for timely submission” to 3, the user will still be able to fill in the data entry form and complete it.

Within the 3 days it will be considered submitted on time. After 3 days it will be considered as Not reported on time.

To prevent the user to enter the data after 3 days, you need to set the “Expiry days” value to 3. You find it in the properties of the data set configuration dashboard.

Yury Rogachev

DHIS2 Implementer
University of Oslo

yury@dhis2.org
+47 40091766

dhis2-logo.pnguio-hisp1.png

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. If I set the expiry, will the user be able to enter data for the period later period say the next month or the next quarter?

The “expiry days” apply for each data entry form depending on its periodicity.

So, with expiry days set to 3 and my data set being a “monthly” data set the behaviour will be as follows:

On March 2nd, I will be able to enter data for February and March data sets.
If I enable future periods, I will also be able to enter data for periods in April, May, etc.

On March 5th, I will not be able to enter data for February anymore. But I will be able to enter data for March (until April 3).

Hope that helps.

Yury Rogachev

DHIS2 Implementer
University of Oslo

yury@dhis2.org
+47 40091766

dhis2-logo.pnguio-hisp1.png

1 Like

Sure it does clear my confusion. Thanks.