How do I upload a custom app to a live DHIS2 instance?

I created a custom app and it works fine in local environment. I am trying to install the app in my local server to test the behaviour before uploading to a live server. I am using the Manual Install feature of the App management but I was getting the error Manifest file missing from zip file. Meanwhile I have the manifest file in the root directory.

Is there specific instruction I might have missed?
Please note that I didn’t use the app platform. When I tried to use the app-platform d2 init command I was getting the error Couldn't find any versions for "@dhis2-ui/status-icon" that matches "8.4.14".
The error shows for all the ui component.

@jetisco4u ,

The manifest file should be named “manifest.webapp”. Can you check if the name of the file is wrong?

Thanks,
Rithvik

That is what I named it in the root directory. The app manifest was throwing error when I use the init command

@rithvik I eventually use the app platform to bootstrap a basic app. When I upload as custom app I got the error App could not be installed on file system in the Network Tab. There is no further error to debug what was wrong. I want to know if this will work so that I can update my app.

@jetisco4u ,

Can you check the tomcat logs for specific errors? May be it would have more insights.

Thanks,
Rithvik

@rithvik I deploy the app inside a custom build container. I am not sure I know how to check the tomcat logs or if there is a command to do so. I will try to see if I can debug the reason why the app is not uploading.

Meanwhile, I was able to bootstrap a basic app with app-platform and upload it. The app work well on the platform. In system setting I set it as the redirect app after login and I confirm from the database that the setting was saved. But when I logged out and login it is still redirecting me to the dashboard app. I clear the cache but still it’s redirecting me to the dashboard.

@jetisco4u ,

Yes, it is behaving the same at my end but the same thing is not reproducible on play demo instance.

Thanks,
Rithvik