Hi, HISP SA has an opening for a Java developer, see below.
HISP-SA needs to appoint a Java Developer and would appreciate if you can assist by sending this email to possible interested candidates.
Vacancies in the Health Information Systems Programme (SA)
**Key responsibilities: **
Provision of a broad range of technical services and health information system services, with particular emphasis on software development and database development including the following:
· design, enhance, test and maintain all necessary software and databases with specific reference to the Web-based DHIS2 and related software
· provide technical support including debugging and testing
· provide internal IT support and maintenance
· train users and facilitate formal workshops
· develop user and system documentation
· Software and database design and development skills – specifically on the Microsoft and PostGres SQL platforms
· Java EE Platform and development knowledge
· Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge
· Minimum of 2 years JAVA programming experience in a working environment
· Ability to effectively participate in continuing education, both in a formal and in-service training setting.
· Ability to analyse data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving intermediate difficult technical and operational problems
· Drivers licence
· Willing and able to travel extensively within South Africa and occasionally abroad
Remuneration and Benefits
· A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with HISP’s job grading system will be offered to the successful candidates.
· Benefits include pension- and medical aid subsidies, telecom- and data allowance, 21 days annual leave plus study leave and financial assistance for formal studies.
· HISP supports its staff telecommuting from home and provides a subsidy to support hi-speed internet access from home.
A detailed CV, together with names and contact details of at least three referees, should be sent to Kevin Venter at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Closing date for applications: 18 April 2013
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HISP reserves the right to not fill a post.
HISP-SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ms Kobie Venter
Operations Support Manager
Health Information Systems Program - SA
Cell: +27(0)83 457 7886
Web:** ** http://www.hisp.org