Hiding due date disables make_referral and schedule_new_event buttons in Tabular data Entry

Dear DHIS2 family,

Having a program (for this example TB Program) and a repeatable programStage (Lab monitoring) with the parameter Hide Due Date checked, I see there are differences. In the tabular data entry make_referral and schedule_new_event buttons are disabled whereas in the timeline data entry are enabled.

I am not sure, but I believe that having this parameter set should not prevent the user to schedule an event since the due date is automatically populated with the Incident date (or Enrolment if specified). That is, as it is set for the timeline data entry.

We are aware that it might sound strange to do not let the user select a due date but our use case is a tracker with different stages where all the analysis is based on the enrollment date (it might sound much as an Event, but we want to record stages in different orgUnits through the referral button) and therefore we want to save some click for the user. Then the scenario in data entry fits our needs.

This seems to be a bug but as I am not sure if both should be disabled or both enabled according to DHIS2 logic I’m writing in here :slight_smile:

Yours,

Eric

1 Like

Following the recommendations in the forum, I’m tagging @dhis2-tracker devs

1 Like

@Emma_Kassy; could you be able to help out with this please?

Best,
James.

@barreda
Yes, there is a bug as timeline data entry should be a replica of tabular data entry. Please report the difference in behaviorism of these buttons on JIRA so it can be fixed immediately. Remember to share what version of DHIS2 you are currently working with.
NOTE: If you set/check the Hide due date parameter, then you will not be able to schedule a future event or manipulate the date picker for that matter, you can still be able to create a new event by clicking the ‘schedule_new_event button’ which will pick the current date but nothing in the future.
Let us know if this helped.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like