Help Needed: Creating Maps using Events on 2.30

Good Day,

I have a tracker program which has coordinates data element field that stores household locations , I have been battling with configuring a Map using the Event OSM layer , the data is there but it’s not showing on the Map.

Could anyone please assist me in this regard…

Cheers…

Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi @lusandan,

You are probably encountering a bug that was fixed in December 2018 ([DHIS2-4687] - Jira).

Is it possible for you to try with the latest version of 2.30?

Kind regards,
Phil

3 Likes

Hi Phil,

As recommended I upgrade my instance to the latest 2.30 build , there was bit of improvement I could now see the events on preview mode of the map but the moment I save the map as a favorite the events don’t show.

I tried to attach a report that will further clarify my issue the portal does not allow new users to upload attachments , can you please provide me with an email where I can send such a report?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi Lusanda,

I’ll put your attachment here for now for reference. Then I can ask my colleagues working with Maps to comment.

Map report Testing.pdf (317.0 KB)

Kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

Hi Lusanda,
Thanks for your report. I have been able to replicate the issue, and I’ll create a fix this week.

Regards
Bjørn

2 Likes

Thanks Bjørn,

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards,
Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi Lusanda,

This issue has now been fixed in DHIS2 Maps 2.29, 2.30 and 2.31:

If you open the console, you know that you have the latest Map version if it displays:

• 31.0.9 or above
  • 30.0.46 or above
  • 29.0.43 or above

Please wait a day until you upgrade to the latest version of your DHIS2 version, to make sure the fix is included.

Thanks again for reporting this issue!

Bjørn

3 Likes

Thanks Bjørn,

I’m busy upgrading my instance to this morning’s 2.30 build will revert back to you shortly.

Regards,

Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi @Bjorn_Sandvik ,

I have tested the fix and the event layer using a data element as a co-ordinate field is now working.

However for tracked entity instance layer is it not possible to add a co-ordinate field option where an attribute can also be added as an option within.

This would assist in situations where location(s) is captured during registration for the TEI , the current setting assumes the capture coordinate option for tracker program is configured where in some case like my program its not.

Cheers…

Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi Bjorn,

We still have an issue with displaying location using Data element as a coordinate field.

Somehow the map only displays data for where the event location is not null , which should not be the case as the program is not configured to capture any coordinates other from the coordinate type data element.

The issue of making the event location mandatory in order to view data is the main problem where other coordinate field options are supplied.

I have attached a screen shot of a map where data displayed is for locations with both the data element and Event Location values stored for the program stage.

Cheers…
Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi Lusanda,

Will look into this issue next week.

Regards,

Bjørn

1 Like

Thanks for reporting these issues Lusanda, - I’ve created two new JIRA issues:
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-5921
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-5920

Would you like to have a similar “coordinate field” option for tracked entity layers?

2 Likes

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for you prompt response to the issues reported , much appreciated.

For tracked entity layers yes it would be great to have the coordinate field option where the option to choose an attribute is available.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards,

Lusanda

2 Likes

Hi Bjorn,

Just checking any update on the issues concerning the Map app?

Cheers…

Lusanda

2 Likes

No progress so far, but it is on our TODO-list - will keep you updated.

2 Likes

Hi Bjorn,

Still following up on progress on the map app , we urgently need to pull a report for a funder.

Cheers…

Lusanda

1 Like

Hi Lusanda,

Sorry for the late response. The system should allow data element coordinate fields without requiring the event coordinate to be set:
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-5921

Please report back if this is still an issue.

Thanks,
Bjørn

1 Like