Help: Blank section and not able to manage grey fields

Hi everyone,

I have assigned data elements to a section in a data set, but they do not show when I want to manage grey fields.

Data Elements assigned

No data elements for managing grey fields

Thanks

Hi are you able to do it on play.dhis2.org successfully but not in your own instance? Thanks!

Hi @Gassim,

Yes, I am unable to do this successfully on demo in the same dhis 2 version.

Thanks

We are facing the similar issue. When we add any new category to a categorycombo it is not deleting the categoryoptioncombos which are created for the previous categories. If a dataset section has such type of categorycombos then it is showing blank in the manage grey fields.
The same is happening with play.demo as well.
In playdemo, We added Gender category to HIV age categorycombo and it is showing blank for the HIV Care Monthly Dataset’s HIV testing and counseling section.
We are using DHIS 2.37 version
May I know how do we resolve this issue?

Hi @Katta_Nityapriya

I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn’t. The only difference is that there was already a category combination for age+gender and so I updated the selection in the data elements configuration. I can still view the Manage grey fields dialog.

Could you try those steps again using your browser’s Guest mode ( Browse Chrome as a guest - Computer - Google Chrome Help)?

Thank you!

Hi @Gassim Thank you,
The issue is resolved when we update the category option combos using an API call -
PUT /api/maintenance/categoryOptionComboUpdate/categoryCombo/<category-combo-uid>
which deletes the categoryOptionCombos of previous categories.
But it works only if atleast one category is assigned to a categoryCombo.

1 Like