HJF is seeking a Health Information Systems Analyst (IMPACT), for the Department of International HIV Prevention and Treatment (IHPT) within the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Associate Director of Strategic Information in monitoring and evaluating site and program activities under the prevention, care and treatment initiatives supported overseas by the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP), and will be responsible for reviewing how well MHRP’s Improving MHRP Performance Analytics Cohesion & Transparency (IMPACT); Site Improvement for Monitoring Systems; and other systems fit the business need of accurate data for reporting and decision making.
- Supports the Associate Director, Strategic Information in defining strategic priorities and standardization for the informatics systems used across programs and countries, and ensuring the successful completion of the deliverables defined in the annual Strategic Information (SI) Operational Work Plan.
- Implements IMPACT (DHIS2) requirements by defining and analyzing system problems; designing and testing standards and solutions in collaboration with developers/administrators.
- Collaborating with MHRP, field technical and finance teams to evaluate requirements, procedures, and processes, resolving issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent.
- Provides support by training IHPT and Implementing Mechanism (IM) SI staff on user accessibility and navigation of IMPACT.
- Creates user, technical and specification documentation including, but not limited to training materials, manuals, and reports.
- Supports MHRP specific data stream integration between IMPACT and other analytic platforms including, but not limited to Tableau, DHIS2, Microsoft Excel, and PEPFAR Panorama.
- Serves as MHRP/DoD systems liaison as directed to ensure collaboration, maintenance, and seamless data exchange with other systems internally and externally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of DHIS2 is required; Advanced skills in Tableau; Advanced skills in Smartsheet; Knowledge and experience in PEPFAR reporting systems, and flexibility and capacity to become familiarized with other software and/or hardware as needed.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with exceptional attention to details; Excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex, detail-oriented tasks at once with limited supervision; Strong time management skills and the ability to thrive when working under deadlines.
- Experience in effectively engaging multiple international programs across geographic boundaries and differing time zones. Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and flexibility in problem solving; Ability to quickly absorb and apply new concepts. High comfort level presenting data and information to different audiences.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Health Informatics preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in PEPFAR public health SI settings.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with PEPFAR data collection, data quality measures and data analysis.
- Some experience with DHIS2 configuration and use required.
- Knowledge working with PEPFAR data systems and streams i.e. SIMS is required.
- Some knowledge of software and application design and architecture preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Reports to the Associate Director for Strategic Information.
Work Environment: This position takes place in an office environment and allows for telework two days a week. The incumbent will travel to field locations in Africa on an as-needed basis. This job requires long hours of data review and analysis.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.