Gondar, Ethiopia Analytics Tools and Information Use Academy November 2019 - Discussions and Questions

This discussion thread is for discussion, questions, and comments from the DHIS2 Analytics Academy in Gondar, Ethiopia - November 2019. All participants and facilitators are encouraged to introduce themselves!

For Questions and comments about the academy, feel free to post on this channel.

If you have a question for a specific person, tag them with @ and their user name.

5 Likes

Ethiopian regional and Ministry of Health teams during the Gondar analytics tools and information use academy, 2019.

Capacity building for data use using DHIS2 in Ethiopia is picking momentum with the first ever in-country academy hosted by the University of Gondar.

5 Likes

The Gondar academy was successful in empowering Monitoring and Evaluation professionals and academicians by honing their analytics skills.

We’ve seen participants improve over the week and incorporate all the Analytics Tools in their visualizations. They’ve demonstrated their progress in; selecting the most relevant indicators, the best visualizations and present them in an attractive manner and give comprehensive interpretations.

I’m hoping they’ll use the skills they gained here to their day to day work.

Please forward your questions to this thread!

6 Likes

The focus and determination demonstrated by the participants to learn and grasp concepts discussed this week is an indicator of an Ethiopia on the move to turn the tide on health information systems in the country. I was personally inspired by the example demonstrated by Deputy Director Mesoud Ahmed in Charge of Policy, Planning and M&E (FMoH), who has been very active in learning DHIS2, and actively participating in all activities.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this SMART picture to dhis2 community

2 Likes

We had good time with experienced expertise Eric and Seid

2 Likes

Dear Eric! really it was great experience! I’m glad being in the academy for the past five days. I hope we will meet in other DHIS 2 Academies. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is Getachew Abe, from Amhara region, Ethiopia
This is a good opportunity for me to be part of this academy. The course delivered was great, helpful and for sure will help us to strengthen the implementation of DHIS2 in the country [Ethiopia]. So, thank you everybody!!!

2 Likes

thank you for the experiences you shared.

2 Likes

Gondar academy trainees taking final exams!

2 Likes

Dear Eric i liked you all thanks for your support. I am lucky. would like to say thanks fro all concerned in our stay.

2 Likes

Congratulations to the Ethiopian team and participants. Looking forward to working with you on analysing and using TB data in December!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the Ethiopia team and all participants! And for those of you who are new to the Community of Practice, welcome!

3 Likes