GIS/GML Import Assistance

Greetings,

I’m a new user to DHIS2, so I’m unsure if this is the correct route for tech support.

I’m trying to import boundary GML’s for our state-level orgunits in South Darfur and East Darfur but I’m running into problems. The first attachment is my GML code (search ‘East Darfur’ and ‘South Darfur’). The issue is correct East Darfur boundaries loads into GIS, but South Darfur boundaries do not–despite the import report telling there has been ‘2 updates.’ However, I can load other boundaries for the orgunit ‘South Darfur’ just not that actual South Darfur boundaries. I’ve used two different shpfiles (gadm.org and UN OCHA), I’ve tried simplifying with MapShaper, and I’ve tried uploading just the GML for South Darfur. Nothing seems to work. I’ve had a similar issues importing boundary GML’s for our Localy orgunit group as well where the import dry run says all orgunits were successfully updated, but only some of the boundaries appear in GIS. Am I missing anything?

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Travis

State.gml (467 KB)

Hi Travis,

Are u trying to import the coordinates to an existing org unit tree in DHIS2? In that case you need to match the gml against unique value for each org unit eg: name, code.

···

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Travis Fried TravisF@archq.org wrote:

Greetings,

I’m a new user to DHIS2, so I’m unsure if this is the correct route for tech support.

I’m trying to import boundary GML’s for our state-level orgunits in South Darfur and East Darfur but I’m running into problems. The first attachment is my GML code (search ‘East Darfur’ and ‘South Darfur’). The issue is correct East Darfur boundaries loads into GIS, but South Darfur boundaries do not–despite the import report telling there has been ‘2 updates.’ However, I can load other boundaries for the orgunit ‘South Darfur’ just not that actual South Darfur boundaries. I’ve used two different shpfiles (gadm.org
and UN OCHA), I’ve tried simplifying with MapShaper, and I’ve tried uploading just the GML for South Darfur. Nothing seems to work. I’ve had a similar issues importing boundary GML’s for our Localy orgunit group as well where the import dry run says all orgunits were successfully updated, but only some of the boundaries appear in GIS. Am I missing anything?

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Travis

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Regards,
Dr. Pamod Amarakoon

MBBS (SL)

MSc (Biomedical Informatics), EMSc (Health Admin)

Medical Officer in Health Informatics

Nutrition Coordination Division

Ministry of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine,

Sri Lanka

Confidentiality Notice: the information contained in this email and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.