Gathering data in all program stage in event report

Hi there,

Is it possible to have all data of all program stage in event report or pivot table?
I use DHIS2 2.25

Thanks

Patrick

2 Likes

In event report this is not possible, you have to view data per given program and given stage.
Note that in pivot table, program indicators are used which means you have to select a specific program and not program stages. Program indicators have to be created before they can be seen in Pivot tables.

Let us know if this has been clarified.

4 Likes

Hi,

Emma is correct, but note that you CAN create what you are looking for IF your Tracker Programme has a unique case ID field as one of its Tracked Entity Attributes. What you then need to do is the following:
Run an event report that includes the unique ID attribute, other attributes you want, and whatever stage 1 data elements you want, with each of them as separate columns. DUMP the file out as e.g. CSV.
Run a second event report that includes the unique ID attribute, and whatever stage 2 data elements you want, with each of them as separate columns. DUMP the file out in the same format (I prefer CSV).
Run a third event report etc - same as above, one report for each stage you have.
Import all the CSV files into a DBMS (postgresql, MS access, whatever) as separate tables, then created a combined case table by linking the first primary file with all the others using the unique field for the join. NOTE that if you don’t have events for all stages, you need to use left joins into the incomplete stage tables. I’m also assuming that you don’t have repeatable stages, which complicates things a bit (but the basic method still works, although linking event K in the repeatable stage 2 to event K1 in repeatable stage 3 complicates things).

You can create something similar using a direct postgresql query, but that’s a lot harder and requires a lot of fiddling.

If you upgrade to e.g. 2.29, you can use the Tracker Report app from Hisp-Tz for this - that app do not support multistages-into-single-enrollment-rows either, but it makes the generation and export to CSV of the above quick and painless. I use that a lot, and it takes me in general around 5 min to dump out 4 CSV files, import them into MS Access, and join the 4 tables into one combo table (the Tracker Prog I’m using it for has no repeatable stages).

Regards
Calle

3 Likes

Hi @Calle_Hedberg,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I have been doing the same thing for our DHIS2 implementation but the hitch is the end user cannot get the report on their own rather this approach requires someone with a kind of programming and SQL knowledge. However, this solution definitely works, even with repeatable stages as you said. :slight_smile:

Now, in your reply I noticed you mentioned as:

I am interested to know how to access the “Tracker report app from Hisp-Tz”. Can you please guide me on this?

Thank you in advance and have a good day ahead!

2 Likes

Hi,

The “Tracker Report” from HISP-Tz is basically an alpha stage app - constraints in the API means it will return one row per stage, just like the event Reporter (which might be addressed in 2.32, but I’ve got no clear confirmation of that and I’m not sure which JIRA issues this relates to). To get a copy for installation - the app is definitely working (with constraints) in 2.29 and (I think) 2.30. There are a few other issues too, but what we really like is that it’s easy to use and immediately give you a “flat format” Excel or CSV file with selected attributes and stage data elements as columns.

To get a copy for your own testing, contact Ismail Yusuf at ismailkoleleni - at - gmail

Regards

Calle

2 Likes

Hi @Calle_Hedberg,

Thank you for the details. Have an excellent weekend!

1 Like

I have been using the Tracker Report App for the past four years. but now after upgrading to DHIS2 version 2.37.7, it only populated the first 50 events only of a specific time period. Is it related to compatibility? Is there an updated version of this app from HISP-Tz? @ismail @Stanley @tuzoengelbert

1 Like

Hi @Derebe We have not been supporting/maintaining the Tracker Report App on the later DHIS2 versions because of improvements on Event Report app, part of the DHIS2 core apps. I recommend you check out the latest event reports, I hope it will suite your requirements. Otherwise, we will be happy to look into how best we can support.

Cheers!
Ismail

3 Likes

Hi, @ismail thank you for the quick response. That app was very useful for me. I will look into the event report app in 2.37.7 as you advised. I will let you know if I need additional support.

2 Likes