FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

Hi dear all
I got the following message when run analytics
“connection due to administrator command; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command”
I try to change some postgres parameters but it seems the problem is taking analitics too long and dhis cancel the running job.
My DHIS2 is version 2.30
Any one saw this error and know how to fix it?

Hi @masgarinia,

Thanks for your post.

It looks like you are receiving an error message related to a connection issue with a PostgreSQL database. The specific error message you provided suggests that the connection is being terminated due to an administrator command.

There could be several reasons why this error message is being displayed. One possibility is that the administrator of the PostgreSQL database has issued a command to terminate the connection, possibly due to maintenance or other reasons. Another possibility is that there is an issue with the connection itself, such as a network problem or a problem with the PostgreSQL server.

To troubleshoot this issue, you may want to try the following steps:

1. Check with the administrator of the PostgreSQL database to see if there is any planned maintenance or other reason for the connection to be terminated.
  2. Check the PostgreSQL logs for any errors or messages that might help identify the cause of the problem.
  3. Check the network connection to ensure that there are no issues with the connection between the client and the server.
  4. Restart the PostgreSQL server to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. If the problem persists, you may want to consider reaching out to the PostgreSQL community or seeking the help of a database administrator for further assistance.

Best regards,
Ayman

1 Like

Hi Ayman
Thanks for your complete response. I will try your solutions and write back the result.

2 Likes

The solution work
I turn the auto vacuum off and the error solve.
With best wishes

1 Like