Exporting OrgHierarchy from 2.25 and importing into 2.26 - bug?

Hi

I just exported the full OrgHierarchy from one instance using 2.25 and imported it into another instance running 2.26. All 1,526 Orgunits were created, but I also got the Conflict messages below for all of them.

Is this a bug? I don’t know what the "Invalid reference null null … for association ‘user’ " means…

Would like a clarification before reporting it as a bug on JIRA

Regards

calle

OrganisationUnit
${errorReport.errorKlass.simpleName}
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Aberdeen Women Centre Hospital [dar4XkzRmN0] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adama Marth Memorial CHC [waE3sdkY7ha] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Ad-Bangs Quarry MCHP [Dq86w8tvw1h] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adonkia CHP [OWlc4mW2hSs] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adra Hospital [jRubpdIY41X] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object African Muslim Agency Clinic [QufUhEroWkb] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.

···

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@gmail.com

Hi

Note I’m getting similar error messages for all other objects too.

Question: could this be related to the fact that the system owner for the source database is “hmis” whereas the system owner for the destination database is “dhis”??

Regards

calle

···

On 20 April 2017 at 14:18, Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi

I just exported the full OrgHierarchy from one instance using 2.25 and imported it into another instance running 2.26. All 1,526 Orgunits were created, but I also got the Conflict messages below for all of them.

Is this a bug? I don’t know what the "Invalid reference null null … for association ‘user’ " means…

Regards

calle

OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Aberdeen Women Centre Hospital [dar4XkzRmN0] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adama Marth Memorial CHC [waE3sdkY7ha] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Ad-Bangs Quarry MCHP [Dq86w8tvw1h] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adonkia CHP [OWlc4mW2hSs] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object Adra Hospital [jRubpdIY41X] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.
OrganisationUnit
Invalid reference null null [JMG8DPrFO7s] (User) on object African Muslim Agency Clinic [QufUhEroWkb] (OrganisationUnit) for association user.

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

To my understanding this is because the file you exported from your source instance has also a user linked to every orgUnit (the user who created it). It should be the id of the user.
When importing the orgUnits, this id does not exist in the target instance. Usually this is not a problem and the orgUnit is created and assigned to the logged in user.

When I refer to “users” I’m refering to dhis2 users not database users or something like that, the users who can log in the platform.

For example source instance has users A and B and target instance has users C and D. The orgUnits you exported from the source instance have something inside like “This orgUnit was created by A”. When importing to the target instance obviously A users does not exist.

Hope it helps,

Marc

···

2017-04-20 14:50 GMT+02:00 Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com:

Hi

Question: could this be related to the fact that the system owner for the source database is “hmis” whereas the system owner for the destination database is “dhis”??

Regards

calle

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi

Regards

calle

OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg

Hi,

Thanks, and I understand. It’s not really a “bug” then, but rather a limitation in the import construct. In 1.4 you would either import the user or otherwise “match” the incoming user with another user existing in the destination system, thus avoid thousands of records with blank userid fields.

I will write a JIRA issue for it - as an absolute minimum such unknown users when importing meta-data should be replaced by the CurrentUser.

Regards

Calle

···

On 20 April 2017 at 15:37, Marc Garnica marcgarnica13@gmail.com wrote:

To my understanding this is because the file you exported from your source instance has also a user linked to every orgUnit (the user who created it). It should be the id of the user.
When importing the orgUnits, this id does not exist in the target instance. Usually this is not a problem and the orgUnit is created and assigned to the logged in user.

When I refer to “users” I’m refering to dhis2 users not database users or something like that, the users who can log in the platform.

For example source instance has users A and B and target instance has users C and D. The orgUnits you exported from the source instance have something inside like “This orgUnit was created by A”. When importing to the target instance obviously A users does not exist.

Hope it helps,

Marc

2017-04-20 14:50 GMT+02:00 Calle Hedberg calle.hedberg@gmail.com:

Hi

Regards

calle

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi

Regards

calle

OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit
OrganisationUnit

Calle Hedberg

Calle Hedberg