Export and Import Users with their passwords

Hello,

I trying to export dhis2 users from a dhis2 instance to another one. I wanted to use the import export module, but it seems that the password (the hashed one) is not included in the exported file.

Is there a possibility to include hashed passwords in the exported file ? if no, what approch do you recommand for exporting users and importing them in another instance ?

Regards;

Hi @didate

Is using something like Okta an option (Configure OpenID Connect with Okta - DHIS2 Documentation)? Or another suggestion that I can think of is to make use of the (Metadata Synchronization - DHIS2 Documentation) and then once everything is synchronized, the other instance can run on its own.

If none of the above seem like a good option. Personally, in such a situation, I would probably get to using pgadmin by directly checking which tables to replace from the other instance (experts always give a word of caution when changing anything on the database directly, but my excuse would be that we’re not changing table structure, we’re importing values).

I will let you know if I get any other insights . Thanks!