Event Maps: Aggregating Over Country

Environment

DHIS2 Version: 2.30
Build Revision: f285aad
Browser: Chrome 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Overview

We have a tracker program with a program stage where a user can select an incident location using an organisation unit type data element.
This is what we would like to display on a map. For example if there are 3 events with incidents in Zambia, and 2 in Zimbabwe, we would like to see a heat map of the two countries, with Zambia darker than Zimbabwe.
The issue is the incident location is not where the TEI is registered in DHIS2.
I am creating a script which will assign GeoJson data to the event, based on which org unit is selected in the event. However my problem is even after I assign the GeoJson to the event, I cannot understand how to display it using the maps application.
So far I have tried the following:

1. Adding a point type coordinate
    These show up on the map as individual points, but I do not know how to represent them as a heat map based on the countries they are in. (We have imported the boundary layers for the countries already)
  2. Adding a polygon type coordinate
    These do not seem to display on the maps app at all.

The steps I am currently taking are the following:

1. Open maps app
  2. Add boundary layers for countries
  3. Add events layer
  4. Select the program and program stage containing the organisation unit type data element which has the updated coordinates
  5. Leave other sections as default (the events are in the last year and against the root orgUnit)

Any advice on how I should be storing the coordinates and how I should be displaying them in the maps or GIS app would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for your time,
Pete

1 Like

Great to have you back @plinnegan!

@Emma_Kassy - Kindly help here.

Best,
James.