Evaluation the formulae in POI

Dear Murod,

May I disturb you about the old issue (recalculated value from excel formula by POI’s Evaluation).

I think it is fine until now but maybe not. The problem’s happened while testing.

For example, in excel file, I’ve got 5 cells (A, B, C, D, E) and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 which is data value on each corresponding cell. If used POI’s Evaluation you wouldn’t see the problem at all. But one of them (cells) which is a empty or blank cell so the evaluation of POI will does not working. I meant the result that you could receive is zero.

Do you have any opinion for this one? By the way, I think that I should update POI library to latest version.

Thank you !

···

Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !

Hi Huie,

File a bug into Apache POI site if this is the case, or maybe not, if you try first excluding zero value elements before evaluation, because evaluating zero is known beforehand. Second, most possibly that cell was not initiated? Try to find if that cell was created first, even if you are not going to place value, e.g. call create row, row create cell, cell set or do not set value. Same as if you declare Java variables and do not instantiate:
public String str; is null, only declaration
public String str = “”; is “”, assigned value “” or
str = “”; after is “”, now assigned value “”.

regards,
murod

···

To: Dhis2 dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net; Murodullo Latifov murodlatifov@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 12:26:42 PM
Subject: Evaluation the formulae in POI

Dear Murod,

May I disturb you about the old issue (recalculated value from excel formula by POI’s Evaluation).

I think it is fine until now but maybe not. The problem’s happened while testing.

For example, in excel file, I’ve got 5 cells (A, B, C, D, E) and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 which is data value on each corresponding cell. If used POI’s Evaluation you wouldn’t see the problem at all. But one of them (cells) which is a empty or blank cell so the evaluation of POI will does not working. I meant the result that you could receive is zero.

Do you have any opinion for this one? By the way, I think that I should update POI library to latest version.

Thank you !

Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !

Dear Murod,

Thank you so much about your experiences about POI. Finally, I have resolved this problem. Now, the end-user can see their report on web without using Ms.Office Excel Tool in Excel Report functionality.

Again, thanks !

···

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Murodullo Latifov murodlatifov@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Huie,

File a bug into Apache POI site if this is the case, or maybe not, if you try first excluding zero value elements before evaluation, because evaluating zero is known beforehand. Second, most possibly that cell was not initiated? Try to find if that cell was created first, even if you are not going to place value, e.g. call create row, row create cell, cell set or do not set value. Same as if you declare Java variables and do not instantiate:

public String str; is null, only declaration
public String str = “”; is “”, assigned value “” or
str = “”; after is “”, now assigned value “”.

regards,

murod

To: Dhis2 dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net; Murodullo Latifov murodlatifov@yahoo.com

Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2009 12:26:42 PM
Subject: Evaluation the formulae in POI

Dear Murod,

Thank you !

Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !

Hieu.HISPVietnam
Good Health !