Error when adding two data elements to calculate an indicator

Hi,

I have two data elements: HIV+,female, 5-14yrs and HIV+,male, 5-14yrs (gender and age are disaggregations). I want to calculator the following indicator: HIV, 5-14 yrs which is the sum of the above two data elements, i.e, HIV, 5-14 yrs =HIV+,female, 5-14yrs + HIV+,male, 5-14yrs , but I get this error: “Expression is not well formed”. What might be the problem? How to sum data elements with disaggregations?

1 Like

@dmbantu
It seems your expression or indicator definition is not complete.
Or the system is reading the ‘+’ in HIV+ as an arithmetic character.
Normally with indicators we just double click the name from the available section and see the UIDs in the selected sections.
See images attached.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

@Emma_Kassy

That’s what I did. I just doubled clicked the name of the data elements from the available section, but I got the above error. Before getting this error, I had created other indicators following the same steps -double clicking the data elements from the available section- and I did not get any errors.

1 Like

@Emma_Kassy

I replicated the same data elements in dhis2 demo, calculated the indicators and things went well.

1 Like

@fernando
If you are still facing the same problem, please update your war file to a newer build.
NOTE: Test the build before deploying to a production server.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

@dmbantu
Would you please share some screenshots of the processes you are taking to give us an insight?
Also, can you determine if this problem exists on the demo This link is to 2.30 please change the version number accordingly

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

@Emma_Kassy

Below is the screenshot. I tried on the demo and there is no problem.

1 Like

@dmbantu
This seems like an issue with the current build.
Please update your current build to solve problem.
NOTE: Test the build before deploying it on production system to avoid any inconveniences.
Let me know if the update solves issue.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like