Error updating user

Hi community,

I have created a user role called “Account Manager”, with propose only to manage the user profiles. Therefore, when the user assigned to that role, tries to create/update/delete user profile, it throws error “Error updating user”.
The privileges for that role are (on DHIS 2.40.3):

• Metadata authorities: user, user group and user role
  • Other authorities: user app
    *System authorities: Add/Update User Group, View Users, Add/Remove Members, Add/Update User Within Managed Group, etc.

What I have missed to add as privileges?

Thanks,

Hi

After creating the user, did you try to clear the browser cache? Would it by any chance work if you logged in using your browser’s Guest mode ( Browse Chrome as a guest - Computer - Google Chrome Help) ?

Hi @Gassim ,

I have tried but does not work. when check the web console it shows Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 409 ().

Has anyone else in community facing the same issue?

Thanks,
Ezequiel

1 Like

Hi @ezbarretos

Is there a chance you get more info from the console and network tabs in the DevTools of your browser? (Before the final step where the error appears, use keyboard key F12, select Network and from the three dots select ‘show console drawer’, and then perform the final step. Check for any errors and take a screenshot).

I’m not able to reproduce the issue on https://play.dhis2.org/40.3.0/dhis-web-user/index.html#/user-roles?query=user%20manager – also, you only need to have the ‘user’ authority selected, and system authorities you only need ‘view user’ as well as access to the Dashboard app and Users app. You can even skip the Dashboard app but then the user will have to use a direct link to access the user’s app.

Waiting for your response… if you are able to reproduce this issue on play please share the step by step instructions because that will help a lot!

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim

Please see the screenshot below:

Hi all,

Any idea about this topic? Do you think it could be a bug?

Best,
Ezequiel