Error in DHIS2

Dear Team,

When i am trying to open the dhis2 software in web browser. It shows the following error. How to rectify it?

: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

···

Thanks & Regards

Chandrasekar Ravi
Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

Hi Ravi,

do you have the environment variable DHIS2_HOME pointing to the directory containing either hibernate.properties or dhis.conf configuration files? Below is a link to a sample configuration file and you can just limit to the section ‘Database connection for PostgreSQL’

http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/2.22/en/implementer/html/ch08s07.html

Regards,

Michael

···

On 23 August 2016 at 01:10, Chandrasekar Ravi aravindraci@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Team,

When i am trying to open the dhis2 software in web browser. It shows the following error. How to rectify it?

: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

Thanks & Regards

Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

Chandrasekar Ravi


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks for Reply.

DHIS_HOME directory hibernate.properties file

The following information in that file

hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver

hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:dhis_db

hibernate.connection.username = postgres

hibernate.connection.password =

hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto = update

···

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Michael Mwebaze michael.mwebaze@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ravi,

do you have the environment variable DHIS2_HOME pointing to the directory containing either hibernate.properties or dhis.conf configuration files? Below is a link to a sample configuration file and you can just limit to the section ‘Database connection for PostgreSQL’

http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/2.22/en/implementer/html/ch08s07.html

Regards,

Michael

Thanks & Regards

Chandrasekar Ravi
Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

On 23 August 2016 at 01:10, Chandrasekar Ravi aravindraci@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Team,

When i am trying to open the dhis2 software in web browser. It shows the following error. How to rectify it?

: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

Thanks & Regards

Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

Chandrasekar Ravi


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Ravi,

most likely this is caused by wrong database credentials. Please double check that your database name, username and password are correct. You can try to log into your database using psql from the command line to verify.

psql -d dhis_db -U postgres

regards,

Lars

···

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Chandrasekar Ravi aravindraci@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for Reply.

DHIS_HOME directory hibernate.properties file

The following information in that file

hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver

hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:dhis_db

hibernate.connection.username = postgres

hibernate.connection.password =

hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto = update


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks & Regards

Chandrasekar Ravi
Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Michael Mwebaze michael.mwebaze@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ravi,

do you have the environment variable DHIS2_HOME pointing to the directory containing either hibernate.properties or dhis.conf configuration files? Below is a link to a sample configuration file and you can just limit to the section ‘Database connection for PostgreSQL’

http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/2.22/en/implementer/html/ch08s07.html

Regards,

Michael

On 23 August 2016 at 01:10, Chandrasekar Ravi aravindraci@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Team,

When i am trying to open the dhis2 software in web browser. It shows the following error. How to rectify it?

: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection

Thanks & Regards

Scientist - C, Data Manager

GHSA MAHA CDC Project

National Institute of Epidemiology, ICMR
127, Second Main Road, TNHB
Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Chennai – 77

aravindraci@gmail.com,

9787214185

Chandrasekar Ravi


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

Skype: larshelgeoverland

lars@dhis2.org

http://www.dhis2.org