Downgrading from 2.31 to 2.29

Dear All,
Our instance was running on 2.27 and we upgraded it to 2.31 in other test most of our application using the 2.31 war file. It was unfortunate that one of our application is not working on 2.31 and that we will have to downgrade our instance to 2.29 for it to work. I am inquiring what are the possible challenges that we should be expecting when moving from 2.31 to 2.29?

1 Like

Hi @Gerald_Thomas,

It’s unfortunate that you have to go to a lower version of DHIS2.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,
James.

Dear James,

We are trying to use the EPI application and note from the documentation
https://who.dhis2.org/documentation/#epi

1 Like

@Gerald_Thomas

Don’t install an empty version of 2.29 and then import everything - that is going to be a major task.

Rather use your latest 2.29 backup file, and then transfer recently added/edited meta-data changes from the 2.31 instance to the 2.29 instance, and finally transfer the recently added/edited monthly and weekly data from the 2.31 instance to the 2.29 instance.

Regards
Calle

1 Like

Dear Calle,
I already tried what [quote=“Gerald_Thomas, post:1, topic:35657, full:true”]
Dear All,
Our instance was running on 2.27 and we upgraded it to 2.31 in other test most of our application using the 2.31 war file. It was unfortunate that one of our application is not working on 2.31 and that we will have to downgrade our instance to 2.29 for it to work. I am inquiring what are the possible challenges that we should be expecting when moving from 2.31 to 2.29?
[/quote]

Dear Calle,
I already tried as quoted but it is really a big issue. In the first place, the war file 2.31 was not extracting properly and so the application keeps crashing. So i had to change the war file to 2.30 which is OK. Now i can see all my data sets, data elements, data values and etc using the 2.30. But transferring all those data sets which was created when the war file was 2.31… had been my greatest issues and attached is a screenshot of the issue. Please can someone help me to know why my import had stocked of category option combos when i say dry run ‘no’ because on dry run ‘yes’ it was completed without any conflict.

1 Like

Hi @Gerald_Thomas,

I hope you are well.

A follow up - did you manage to work around the metadata Import??

Cc: @Calle_Hedberg

Best,
James.

@jomutsani

Yeah, required some work directly in the back-end, using one 2.31 copy and one 2.29 copy, but it was done.

Regards
Calle

1 Like

That’s great news @Calle_Hedberg! Thanks for following it up :clap:!

Best,
James.

James,
We did manage to move the metadata export with the help of Calle but now i am face with new challenges.
Analytics is running fine but we are getting blank report whilst data could be seeing from the data entry app but not in the report.
I can’t tell what is went wrong.

1 Like