Does tomcat9 support DHIS2 Version 2.34? I get this error after installing a new instance in Linode

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Message Not found

This is the Catalina log.

21-Sep-2023 09:56:49.037 INFO [main] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
21-Sep-2023 09:56:49.553 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error deploying web application archive [/home/dhis/tomcat-dhis/webapps/ROOT.war]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error starting child

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/9.0.31 (Ubuntu)

Hi @Sathyajith_Ihalagama

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community! I’m not sure why the version choice sense that one is a deprecated one so you might want to try the latest stable releases instead. The issue you are encountering could be caused by a ton of reasons. Since I have already mentioned the version so you might want to check the versions of Java, PostgreSQL, and Tomcat that are compatible with the DHIS2 version you are setting up, but there could be other things to check such as permissions and making sure you are able to connect to the PostgreSQL database.

Thanks!

Java JDK. OpenJDK is recommended.

• For DHIS 2 version 2.38 and later, JDK 11 is required.
  • For DHIS 2 version 2.35 and later, JDK 11 is recommended and JDK 8 or later is required.
  • For DHIS 2 versions older than 2.35, JDK 8 is required.
  • For DHIS 2 2.41, JDK 17
    I believe both Tomcat8 and Tomcat9 will work, but Tomcat9 is the recommended option.|