Do I need to enter data each period if I am using aggregation type of "last value"

I am trying to implement the IDS Metadata package. I read in the documentation on population weekly data that

The data element that it contains, population weekly, uses the aggregation type of “last value” and is meant to be equal to the estimated population total for a year within a given geographical region.

As an example application of this, if your yearly population within District A is 1000, then the weekly population within District A would also be 1000. By using the “last value” aggregation type, these weekly values will not sum and will consistently be equal to 1000 throughout the year within this district.

I will like to found out, must I submit the population data weekly for us to be able to use it in indicator? Or is it possible that at any time the system can use the last value submitted if the population has not changed?

For instance, if I submitted 1000 in Week 2 has the population weekly value. If the population do not changed throughout the year, do I still need to continue to enter the value for the remaining week 3 to 52 or can the indicators use the last value I entered for week 2?

Please note that I am also implementing this for a Daily period.

Yes, that’s right. I understood the description above to be the same. The Last Value will be used and whether or not the weekly value is changed it will always return the ‘last value’.

I think you will only need to enter the value once it changes because as mentioned above “these weekly values will not sum and will consistently be equal to 1000 throughout the year within this district.”

I also would like to add reference to the quotation you posted above so other community members are able to find the whole text: Design - DHIS2 Documentation

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks I will test it out if it works that way. And it will be a relief as most of the time the population figure don’t change throughout the year.

1 Like