Displaying general stats on Dashboard

Dear all,

Our team is just starting out with data collection so we dont have impressive stats to display on our dashboard.

But we do have started entering org units and adding users inside org units. Can those stats be displayed?

eg,

number of users per region

number of org units per region

etc

How do we display those as charts/graphs on the dashboard?

TIA,

alvin

Hi Alvin

Its an interesting question and one that I’ve encountered before. The answer for the moment I believe is no, at least not directly. But zooming out, I think you are talking about a sort of “system” dataset containing dataelements (and then potentially indicators) related to aspects of the system and its use rather than the health subject domain. There are quite a lot of these which are interesting to track as dataelements … eg number of users logging in per district;

With a bit of frugal innovation or jugaad you could set about getting what you want through the web api. First create a dataset with the required dataelements you mention above. Then you could have an external script (python, php or what have you) which does the requisite counts from the database (or even also from the log file) and pushes the data back into dhis2 using the web api.

···

Or create a blueprint requesting that internal statistics of the system be available as dataelement values.

Bob

On 7 April 2013 01:41, Alvin Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

Dear all,

Our team is just starting out with data collection so we dont have impressive stats to display on our dashboard.

But we do have started entering org units and adding users inside org units. Can those stats be displayed?

eg,

number of users per region

number of org units per region

etc

How do we display those as charts/graphs on the dashboard?

TIA,

alvin

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Alvin,

another approach is to create a standard report based on SQL where you query for these things. I have attached a useful starting point.

• create a new standard report and call it “statistics on usage” or similar.

• select “jasper report with jdbc data source”.

• select and upload the attached jrxml and save.

• search for the report and add to dashboard by clicking on the pie-like button.

• in dashboard, select “reports” for one of the link areas to the left, the report will now be available from the dashboard.

Lars

data_analysis_usage_stats.jrxml (9.27 KB)

Thanks Lars.

I only got to: - create a new standard report and call it “statistics on usage” or similar.

I cant find “jasper report with jdbc data source”

···

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Alvin,

another approach is to create a standard report based on SQL where you query for these things. I have attached a useful starting point.

• search for the report and add to dashboard by clicking on the pie-like button.
  • in dashboard, select “reports” for one of the link areas to the left, the report will now be available from the dashboard.

Lars

Screenshot is attached…

···

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Alvin Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Lars.

I only got to: - create a new standard report and call it “statistics on usage” or similar.

Hi Alvin,

Lars

Good idea … I can see how that would work for reporting. Of course if you want to take advantage of dhis analytics, gis, web pivots and all the other cool stuff it would also be nice to capture this data as dataelements somehow.

···

On 7 April 2013 13:31, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Alvin,

Lars

Hi,

which version of DHIS2 are you running - it does not look like one of the latest versions? I don’t think the “jasper report with jdbc data source” option is there in 2.9 and older.

Olav

···

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Alvin Marcelo alvin.marcelo@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Lars.

Hi Alvin,

Lars

That's correct - Alvin you must use 2.9 or later to take advantage of it
SQL-based standard reports. We recommend upgrading to 2.11 anyway since
there has been a lot of improvements since 2.8.

···

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Olav Poppe <olav.poppe@me.com> wrote:

Hi,
which version of DHIS2 are you running - it does not look like one of the
latest versions? I don't think the "jasper report with jdbc data source"
option is there in 2.9 and older.

Yes agree.

···

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

Good idea .. I can see how that would work for reporting. Of course if
you want to take advantage of dhis analytics, gis, web pivots and all the
other cool stuff it would also be nice to capture this data as dataelements