Disaggregating tracker DEs

Hi all,
What is the reasoning for not allowing disaggregates for tracker data element? I totally understand when your TEI is a person that you would create program indicators to aggregate attribute values. But we are increasingly asked to track and MAP other types of entities - like community based organizations or community structures. For example, we are tracking capacity strengthening of community organizations. We are using a tracker program because we want to collect LINKED DATA on those entities over time at regular intervals, but we need to 1) capture coordinates and 2) avoid adding them to the org unit hierarchy because they aren’t really geographic. However, we want to capture aggregate-style data (number of beneficiaries served by age and sex each quarter, for example), which are currently in scheduled program stages. Both the configuration (creating each individual disaggregate as a separate tracker data element) and analysis (having users see hundreds of data elements for the program, not being able to view it as a data dimension) are a struggle!
Is there another way around it or can we add this functionality?
Gratefully,
Natalie T

1 Like

Hi @Natalie_Tibbels,

That’s so insightful of you to bring this up. The @dhis2-tracker team will also check this out as other members contribute their insight on this.

Best,
James.

Thank you!! Curious to see if others would use this feature. Another use case we have is capturing events where health services are offered in the community. We have multiple events each day in the same org unit (and we want to map the events as points) - so we can’t use aggregate data entry. I created an event program, but in order to log the number of services offered at each event by age, sex, and type of service, I have 289 individual data elements (e.g. STI screenings, male, 20-24y, STI screenings, male 25-29y…). And the program indicators/analytics are cluttered and a mess. Thanks for looking into it!

1 Like

Hi all, is this resolved now?
We want to create an event program to check vaccines given to children per age per gender but we can’t use data entry forms as we do not have reporting frequencies for this…
Thanks,
Best,
Camille

1 Like

@CamilleR welcome to the DHIS2 community,

I think our EPI adviser, @kimberly, would know the answer to this.

1 Like