Disabling auto-copying to datavalueaudit when importing data

We are also having this issue. Is there any update on this?

4 Likes

Hi,

Nothing as far as I know. If you don’t need any of those “backup” records, then I would recommend running a simple daily script like this:

“TRUNCATE datavalueaudit;”

It will simply empty out the table. It won’t change the import slow-down, but at least it will curtail the bloating of the database

Regards
Calle

3 Likes

Hi Calle,

yes I understand the problem. We could think of a an option to disable audits for data value set imports. This would have the negative effect that you cannot really then trust the audits. We could have the option require “ALL” or some specific authority to ensure this is not done too easily.

regards,

Lars

2 Likes

Lars,

I agree with making this a setting that requires “administrator” privileges. The most typical cases where you want this option is where the copying of records into the audit tables has no real meaning. For instance, where data is routinely exported from provincial DHIS2 instances into a national instance or from national instances into a regional instance - or in other words, cases where the destination instances are derived databases with no direct data capturing. In such cases the “audit” data reside in the source system, so there is basically no need for it in the “derived” systems and thus no need to “trust” it either. In practice users will typically import bulk data routinely for whatever periods are still open for capturing / editing in the source system - like all the months for this calendar year or financial year - which means the audit tables end up with huge numbers of records that have not actually changed since initial capturing (aka bloating).
Regards
Calle

2 Likes