University of Oslo and DHIS2 are a proud grant partner of the the Digital Solutions for Malaria Elimination (DSME) project (funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) and member of the DSME Community of Practice (COP). The CoP supports governments in their efforts to eliminate malaria by building and supporting comprehensive and sustainable malaria surveillance systems to make complete, timely, and accurate data reporting easier and to improve decision-making processes. . View the 1 pager.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Digital Solutions for Malaria Elimination (DSME) Community held its 2020 meeting as a series of virtual sessions, instead of an in-person meeting. The 2020 DSME Virtual Community Meeting opened with a plenary session on 10 September, followed by sessions throughout September, focusing on topics selected by DSME Community members and concluded with a closing session on 1 October.
In particular interest for the DHIS2 Community, we are sharing the recording for the session on DHIS2 implementations and results in the DSME project: DSME Tool Pilot Results, Part 1: Case Notification and Investigation
The session on DSME Tool Pilot Results, Part 1: Case Notification and Investigation began with a welcome from Lakshmi Balachandran from CHAI. Four presentations shared DMSE tool results, focusing on case notification and investigation use cases, from NMCPs and implementing partners:
- Bridget Shandukani, National Malaria Programme (NMP) South Africa: DHIS2 implementation in South Africa (including use for focus investigation): https://vimeo.com/459142951
- José Ramón Pereira Pascua, Unidad de la Gestión de la Información (UGI) Honduras: DHIS2 implementation in Honduras: https://vimeo.com/459144731
- Karoline Tufte Lien, University of Oslo (UiO): DHIS2 digital data packages and implementations of other use cases that use DSME features (including for COVID-19): https://vimeo.com/459145847
- Pamod Amarakoon, HISP Sri Lanka: DHIS2 Android app implementation for malaria elimination in Timor-Leste: https://vimeo.com/459146792
- Full call recording: https://vitalwave.box.com/v/20200915-dsme-call-recording
Read more about the DSME 2020 Community Meeting in the DSME CoP September newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/370b992034d3/dsme-newsletter-sept2020