Different periods in data collection forms

Here’s another practical user question. Sorry if it’s already been asked (I didn’t see an easy way to search the archives).

What’s the best approach for collecting data elements linked to different time periods? For example, I’m collecting leprosy data of new cases from 2011, treatment outcomes from PB cases that started treatment in 2010 and from MB cases that started treatment in 2009. Previously these were all collected in the same 1-page form. Is there a way to mix periods on the same form? Similarly, is there a way to put dynamic time periods in labels on the form, so I can put the year in bold at the top of each section to make sure users enter data for the correct year?

Thanks as always,

Tom

···

This message was scanned for viruses with Trend Micro ScanMail, GFI MailSecurity and GFI MailEssentials by the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific. However, the recipient is advised to scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

Tom,

Here�s another practical user question. Sorry if it�s already been asked
(I didn�t see an easy way to search the archives).

What�s the best approach for collecting data elements linked to
different time periods?

basically, you can only select one period type for a data set, and one specific period for data entry. All data entered will then be associated with this speficif period. However, the case you describe can be implemented as this:

For example, I�m collecting leprosy data of new

cases from 2011, treatment outcomes from PB cases that started treatment
in 2010 and from MB cases that started treatment in 2009. Previously
these were all collected in the same 1-page form.

The same can be done here. To simplify your example, I make three data elements:
1) Leprosy new cases
2) Outcome PB after one year treatment
3) Outcome MB after two years treatment

(or better names, I don't know much about leprosy)

So if you enter for 2011, all data will be for 2011, though with the "past" incorporated in the data element names.

Is there a way to mix

periods on the same form? Similarly, is there a way to put dynamic time
periods in labels on the form, so I can put the year in bold at the top
of each section to make sure users enter data for the correct year?

No, not that I'm aware of. However, if you fear that there will be confusion (seems like you are using section forms?), you can always make a custom form with more explanations etc. For example, above a table for the PB treatment outcomes something like: "Include here those starting PB treatment the year preceding the reporting period."

Regards,
Johan

···

On 04.05.2012 09:31, Hiatt, Mr Tom (WPRO) wrote:

Thanks as always,

Tom

This message was scanned for viruses with Trend Micro ScanMail, GFI
MailSecurity and GFI MailEssentials by the World Health Organization
Regional Office for the Western Pacific. However, the recipient is
advised to scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or
otherwise protected by law.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You
may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help