DHIS2 users list from SQL View

Dear Community,

I would like to output from SQL View a list of all DHIS2 users by using headers like the information listed by the users details information, like illustrated by the image below (inside red ellipse).

I am using DHIS2 2.24. I would like to check the users table fields but I could not output any information from the following query

select * from users;

as trhere are some protected info.

My question is in which fields should I base the SQL query to output such information?

Thank you for your support,

Regards,

Tantely

This message and its attachments are confidential and solely for the intended recipients. If received in error, please delete them and notify the sender via reply e-mail immediately.

Hi there.

Due to the sensitivity of this table (and others) it is not available as an SQL view. The reason is because that query would expose users password hashes, which of course would not be great from a security perspective.

I would suggest you use the API with something like

https://play.dhis2.org/dev/api/users?fields=displayName,userCredentials[code]&paging=false

Regards,

Jason

···

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Dear Community,

I would like to output from SQL View a list of all DHIS2 users by using headers like the information listed by the users details information, like illustrated by the image below (inside red ellipse).

I am using DHIS2 2.24. I would like to check the users table fields but I could not output any information from the following query

select * from users;

My question is in which fields should I base the SQL query to output such information?

Regards,

Tantely

This message and its attachments are confidential and solely for the intended recipients. If received in error, please delete them and notify the sender via reply e-mail immediately.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.surname,

“public”.userinfo.firstname,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.userinfo.phonenumber,

“public”.users.lastlogin,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.userrole.“name”,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

INNER JOIN “public”.userinfo ON “public”.users.userid = “public”.userinfo.userinfoid

INNER JOIN “public”.userrole ON “public”.userrole.userid = “public”.userinfo.userinfoid

Thanks,

Harivola

···

De : Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+harivolar=psi.mg@lists.launchpad.net] De la part de Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely
Envoyé : lundi 10 avril 2017 17:19
À : DHIS 2 Users list dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net; DHIS 2 Developers list dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Objet : [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 users list from SQL View

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Hi Harivola,

Thank you very much for the SQL scripts querying the users information. The syntax is accepted by SQL View, but I am a bit encountering a blank result as illustrated by the attached file. I am wondering where I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

DHIS2 Users list1.pdf (98.2 KB)

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Harivola RANDRIANJAFY harivolar@psi.mg wrote:

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

INNER JOIN “public”.userinfo ON “public”.users.userid = “public”.userinfo.userinfoid

INNER JOIN “public”.userrole ON “public”.userrole.userid = “public”.userinfo.userinfoid

Thanks,

Harivola

De : Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+harivolar=psi.mg@lists.launchpad.net] De la part de Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely
À : DHIS 2 Users list dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net; DHIS 2 Developers list dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Hi there.

We have had enough security problems lately, It may not be a good idea to encourage even more of them.

This is a “good” way around the security attempts which have put in place, but its a very bad idea to have this table as an SQL view. This was the entire reason of why we attempted to protect it from direct access via SQL views, but, the regular expression which does this does not catch the use of the schema name. We will fix it

Of course, its easy enough to dump the password hash out with a small change to the SQL view, but you would probably not want to do this.

See below for an example with a small modification to your SQL view.

Regards,
Jason

• “admin”,

• “$2a$10$wjLPViry3bkYEcjwGRqnYO1bT2Kl.ZY0kO.fwFDfMX53hitfx5.3C”,

• “Traore”,

• “John”,

• someone@dhis2.org”,

• “”,

• “2017-04-11 13:24:55.914”,

• “2013-04-18 17:15:08.401”,

• “false”,

• “MNCH / PNC (Adult Woman) program”,

• “ZyjSDLHGPv4”

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Hi Harivola,

Thank you very much for the SQL scripts querying the users information. The syntax is accepted by SQL View, but I am a bit encountering a blank result as illustrated by the attached file. I am wondering where I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

Thanks,

Harivola

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Jason P. Pickering

Hi Jason,

If I would like to bypass this SQL scripts and use the Web API as you already proposed, how could we write the Web API in order to pull out a list of the following informations from the users:

username,surname, firstname, email, phonenumber, lastlogin, created, disabled, user role, user orgunits

Regards,

Tantely.

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there.

We have had enough security problems lately, It may not be a good idea to encourage even more of them.

This is a “good” way around the security attempts which have put in place, but its a very bad idea to have this table as an SQL view. This was the entire reason of why we attempted to protect it from direct access via SQL views, but, the regular expression which does this does not catch the use of the schema name. We will fix it

Of course, its easy enough to dump the password hash out with a small change to the SQL view, but you would probably not want to do this.

Regards,
Jason

• “admin”,
  • “Traore”,
  • “John”,
  • “”,
  • “false”,
  • “ZyjSDLHGPv4”

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Hi Harivola,

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

Thanks,

Harivola

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Maybe

https://play.dhis2.org/dev/api/users?fields=firstName,surname,email,userCredentials[username,lastLogin,created,disabled,userRoles[id,name]],organisationUnits[id,name]&paging=false

Regards,

Jason

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Hi Jason,

If I would like to bypass this SQL scripts and use the Web API as you already proposed, how could we write the Web API in order to pull out a list of the following informations from the users:

username,surname, firstname, email, phonenumber, lastlogin, created, disabled, user role, user orgunits

Regards,

Tantely.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there.

Regards,
Jason

• “admin”,
  • “Traore”,
  • “John”,
  • “”,
  • “false”,
  • “ZyjSDLHGPv4”

Hi Harivola,

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

Thanks,

Harivola

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Jason P. Pickering

Ok, thanks. I have to get my feet wet with this method! I will try to adapt this syntax with our case.

Regards,

Tantely.

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe

https://play.dhis2.org/dev/api/users?fields=firstName,surname,email,userCredentials[username,lastLogin,created,disabled,userRoles[id,name]],organisationUnits[id,name]&paging=false

Regards,

Jason

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Hi Jason,

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Hi there.

Regards,
Jason

• “admin”,
  • “Traore”,
  • “John”,
  • “”,
  • “false”,
  • “ZyjSDLHGPv4”

Hi Harivola,

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

Thanks,

Harivola

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

This is really the only way to get it, since users can have multiple user roles and organisation units, which would not be able to be properly represented in a flat CSV list anyway!

Regards,

Jason

···

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Raminosoa Rabemanantsoa, Tantely traminosoa@mikolo.org wrote:

Ok, thanks. I have to get my feet wet with this method! I will try to adapt this syntax with our case.

Regards,

Tantely.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Hi there.

Regards,
Jason

• “admin”,
  • “Traore”,
  • “John”,
  • “”,
  • “false”,
  • “ZyjSDLHGPv4”

Hi Harivola,

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Tantely.

Jason P. Pickering

Tantely,

Below the SQL View :

SELECT

“public”.users.username,

“public”.userinfo.email,

“public”.users.created,

“public”.users.disabled,

“public”.users.uid

FROM

“public”.users

Thanks,

Harivola

Dear Community,

select * from users;

Regards,

Tantely

Jason P. Pickering