DHIS2 upgrade errors populating the resource tables

Hi Emmanuel,

this problem has been fixed in recent versions of DHIS 2 (from 2.23 if I’m not mistaken). When you say you are upgrading to 2.17 - was that intentional? The latest stable version of DHIS 2 is 2.26. Let us know if you are able to upgrade to a more recent version.

best regards,

Lars

···

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Charles, Emmanuel Emmanuel.Charles@thepalladiumgroup.com wrote:

Hello DHIS2 support community,

I hope you all are doing well.

I am Emmanuel Charles, I work with Palladium in Haiti, supporting the MoH in Strategic information and DHIS2 at national level, used for more than 700 facilities.

We are in the process of upgrading from dhis2 2.16 to the latest stable and supported version of dhis2

Once deploying the 2.17 WAR file and start Tomcat all looks good, no errors in th tomcat logs. Except for when I run resource Table under the Data administration menu and I get the message below on screenshot (Failed because of violation of constraint in the table _periodstructure).

I followed your threads in the Launchpad forum and proceeded by deleting the table _periodstructure and regenerate the resource table. The table _periodstructure was no longer an issue but the table _dateperiodstructure and proceeded the same way by deleting the table _dateperiodstructure and regenerate the resource tables, the same error persisted. I also checked for duplicate in the table period as some thread instructed and couldn’t find any. I even couldn’t find the date that is violating the constraint in the period table.

I tried the prune period feature under maintenance in dhis2. I also clear cache of both Tomcat on server and browser. Still no solution

So please, if any of you could help with this matter. It would be great.

My colleague at Palladium is also CC in this mail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Emmanuel Charles

Senior Technical Coordinator – Information Technology

T 509.2816.1434

M 509.4892.7134

Skype emmanuel.charles-palladium

42, Route de Péguy-Ville

Pétion-Ville

Haiti

Palladium

Make it possible

thepalladiumgroup.com

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

http://www.dhis2.org

Okay. Yes doing incremental updates could be a good idea. However it should not be necessary to test everything for each update, rather save your testing efforts until you reach the version you actually want to deploy in production.

···

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Charles, Emmanuel Emmanuel.Charles@thepalladiumgroup.com wrote:

Thank you Lars for your prompt reply.

From my understanding, the upgrades must be incremental. We are currently with 2.16 first step was to upgrade to 2.17 before going further. Once we went to 2.17, all looked great, no Tomcat logs errors. We wanted to make sure that all were okay that’s why we run some maintenance routine into DHIS2 interface. But when we tried to run the resource tables that is where we have the error previously described.

Should we disregard this error and continue to more recent versions?

I tried to do so up to version 2.21 but still the error persisted.

What are your advice?

Emmanuel

Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2017 4:41 PM

To: Charles, Emmanuel

Cc: dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net; senyoni@gmail.com; Rendel, Kenold

Subject: Re: DHIS2 upgrade errors populating the resource tables

Hi Emmanuel,

this problem has been fixed in recent versions of DHIS 2 (from 2.23 if I’m not mistaken). When you say you are upgrading to 2.17 - was that intentional? The latest stable version of DHIS 2 is 2.26. Let us know if you are able to upgrade to a more recent version.

best regards,

Lars

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Charles, Emmanuel Emmanuel.Charles@thepalladiumgroup.com wrote:

Hello DHIS2 support community,

I hope you all are doing well.

I am Emmanuel Charles, I work with Palladium in Haiti, supporting the MoH in Strategic information and DHIS2 at national level, used for more than 700 facilities.

We are in the process of upgrading from dhis2 2.16 to the latest stable and supported version of dhis2

Once deploying the 2.17 WAR file and start Tomcat all looks good, no errors in th tomcat logs. Except for when I run resource Table under the Data administration menu and I get the message below on screenshot (Failed because of violation of constraint in the table _periodstructure).

I followed your threads in the Launchpad forum and proceeded by deleting the table _periodstructure and regenerate the resource table. The table _periodstructure was no longer an issue but the table _dateperiodstructure and proceeded the same way by deleting the table _dateperiodstructure and regenerate the resource tables, the same error persisted. I also checked for duplicate in the table period as some thread instructed and couldn’t find any. I even couldn’t find the date that is violating the constraint in the period table.

I tried the prune period feature under maintenance in dhis2. I also clear cache of both Tomcat on server and browser. Still no solution

So please, if any of you could help with this matter. It would be great.

My colleague at Palladium is also CC in this mail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Emmanuel Charles

Senior Technical Coordinator – Information Technology

T 509.2816.1434

M 509.4892.7134

Skype emmanuel.charles-palladium

42, Route de Péguy-Ville

Pétion-Ville

Haiti

Palladium

Make it possible

thepalladiumgroup.com